Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this and was wondering if anyone can help.
I have a 1303 with rust in and around the suspension arm pickups on my frame head. What kind of job is it to replace and how is it done?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
no good news with these, replacement is huge and not viable unless your an experienced fabricater. the frame head alone is expensive enough even for a poor quality pattern part. local repairs can be successfull altho if its been patched on a patch for the last decade or more, there are limits and it may be time to cut and run. chances are the rest of the '03 are as bad.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
You can buy a new replacement bottom panel for £50 from any of the usual sellers.
It is possible to buy a complete framehead as well, but those are silly money and I would imagine its a body off to replace this, if its that bad another floor pan would be one answer, and I think I've seen one on here recently for £120.
Anything is repairable, mine was very rusty, so I bought the bottom panel, and while this was removed I had to make a couple of local repairs to the upper panel, don't give up, 1303's are disappearing at an alarming rate, so good luck with your repair work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts