Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new pair of wings for my 1303 S as one is rotten and the other is 1' oversized. I posted a Wanted ad and a bloke has gotten in touch with me saying hes got 2 pairs. one set has been modded to accept sloping headlights.

I have never seeen a 1303 with sloping lights and I can't imagine if it would look good or not.

Anyone got any photos PLEEEEEASE?

Muchos gracios amigos

Jamie :hangloose

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.......

Thats the first thing that came through my mind, I'm just intruiged.

Or are you just hating on the fat beetle? :lol:

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,279 Posts
You have never see one because it will look odd. The 1303 just doesn't lend itself to sloping headlamps. Get some 1303 wings as Vw intended.
:)

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,279 Posts
yeah.......

Thats the first thing that came through my mind, I'm just intruiged.

Or are you just hating on the fat beetle? :lol:
Nowt to do with 1303 hating. I love a smart German looker as much as a cal oval (well nearly :D ) It would just look strange.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
9,041 Posts
never seen one....

not sure it would work....

think theres a real hatred for "oddballs" in the vw community that annoys me a little... i just whack whatevers cheap or free on mine and i like it hehe :D

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have never see one because it will look odd. The 1303 just doesn't lend itself to sloping headlamps. Get some 1303 wings as Vw intended.
I know, I know but i still want to SEE what it looks like. I wouldn't get them just like I wouldn't have one of those 80s ford bonnets or put a split oval panel in instead of my nice big rear window (that I can't ever see out of since its permanently misted up).

C'mon peeps I need Pictures!

·
15,966 Posts
I´ve seen it a few times. Best bet is with H4 Porsche lenses - looks a bit more sporty and less wannabe old car.

·
15,966 Posts
Those look goofy because they´re on wide wings. Imagine it as a German looker with 18" BBS wheels and silver paint and with H4 lenses.

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,279 Posts

My eyes are burning.
Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
:lol:

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:mrt: I PITY THE FOOL WHO PUTS SLOPIN WINGS ON A SUPER BEETLE!

Oh, wait, it aint your car is it...:crazy:

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those look goofy because they´re on wide wings. Imagine it as a German looker with 18" BBS wheels and silver paint and with H4 lenses.
I was gonna say but I didnea want to insult anyone.

Still curious...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.