Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
good car to have imho. i have one and it's a daily driver. ultra reliable, handles lovely, keeps up with most traffic even on the motorway and it has tons of storage room (can fit tent n everything for a camping weekend plus supplies for adult n 2 kids in)
:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine about 75% finished just takeing my time with it but as its my first bug im please with it cheers

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
i was never a fan of the curved screen, i happened to aquire one for 100 quid ( i couldnt let a beetle get scraped) my 1302 was good, but this is pukka! lowered 2" with the right sort of tyre combo, i been using it for all the long haul drives to shows this year, its comfy handles well and the storage space in the front is a god send.

they look even better with a porsche body kit :D :lol:

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Great cars but very prone to rot especially framehead area.

Our 72 is pretty solid although one Ive been working on was fit for scrap

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had a Germanlook 1303 with 7inch ats wheels on all for corners and a decent suspension set up and it handled like it was on rails. You can't beat them for cornering in the aircooled vdub world. Same go's for 1302's obviously. One day i will have another with a big type4 motor and an even better suspension set up, porsche 944T rear arms and big brembo brakes :)

Have a look at Germanlook.com there are some awesome cars on there. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
We have a 1303 that sailed through another MOT last week and we think they are WICKED. :coffeecup

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My Misses' has a 73 1303,its in bits at the 'mo,but from what I remember the ride was much better than my 69 bug,not so bouncy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts