Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 1600cc twin port long block engine up for grabs. I am looking for £250 for the just the block. It has just had new push rod tubes, good used 040 heads & good barrels & pistons. All the valves are set & a compression test showed 125-130psi on all 4 cylinders which is good. There is no excess end float. It has a 200mm flywheel
I have bench run it.

It will fit a Beetle or splitty, but you would need a case adapter bracket to fit to a bay.

It is ready to run minus tinware at the mo as I needed to fit the parts to test it (pic shows some parts missing, they are now fitted). It can be bought like this for £395. It can be heard running however you want it. If you just want the block, I will remove the parts before you take it.

I have some tinware which has just been powder coated in satin black. I would sell this for £195 on its own.

I can build the engine up complete with the fresh tin, powder coated silver stock manifold, carb, 55 amp int reg alternator, 009 dizzy, good beetle exhaust & j tubes for £550 with new gaskets ready to run. You can hear/see it run on the bench & I can even help with fitting.

Located in Aldershot, Hants. Collection or local delivery. 07970 540757. Any inspection welcome. I will do a compression test while you wait for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
if redlam doesnt have it, I would have the block as I have all the bits off my blown 1600.

I would need to collect from dubfreeze also

if you could let me know, cheers

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Give me a call, as that engine is on a pallet to be shipped tomo. It was sold complete with tin, alternator etc. I will strip this camper engine later today & work on it tomo to see what it needs.

I have a full set of late bay tinware that is going to be powder coated in Antique silver, the manifolds, dyno stand etc are all being done in semi chrome silver. It should be back in a week & look lush!

I won't take any deposits until I have bench tested the engine.

Call me on: 07970 540757 anytime.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Question, do you only build 1600's or can you do a 1776 too? Can you build partly from parts I already have? Sorry I don't know much about this which is why I would prefer not to have ago myself.
I have an AS case (not sure is its OK) and a TD code engine complete that has way too much endfloat.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your best bet is to start with a brand new crank case, I would get a full time engine builder like Alan at GAC, www.vwracing.net to build a performance motor as he knows all the little tricks to get the best out of it. He has all the machines to take a bit off here & there to make it all fit. It is a time consuming job building performance engines, so I just stick to stock stuff.

People are crying out for 1600's at the moment & mine get checked over & freshened up. They are essentially just good used engine, but tested & set up right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.