Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing a 1835 build over the winter. A very tame build, mostly stock internals, with 1835 cylinders and pistons.
It's going to be used in a trike that's 440kg, and with a type1 1300 transaxle.
I want it to be very usable, able to eat up lots of miles usable all year round, and not too mad when I twist the throttle.
What carburetor would people recommend?
I already have a 34 pict3 carb and a H30/31 pict, would either of these be usable?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The 34 would run it just about. I ran one on a 1776 with a mild cam and it ran quite nicely. Obviously I jetted it accordingly (there is a motorbike carb that has the same jet and is readily available in all Manor of sizes. I just can't remember the name, sorry.)
I switched to dual weber 40s and the engine really woke up.
I wouldn't bother with the 30 carb. It uses a smaller bore manifold too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 34 would run it just about. I ran one on a 1776 with a mild cam and it ran quite nicely. Obviously I jetted it accordingly (there is a motorbike carb that has the same jet and is readily available in all Manor of sizes. I just can't remember the name, sorry.)
I switched to dual weber 40s and the engine really woke up.
I wouldn't bother with the 30 carb. It uses a smaller bore manifold too.
Cheers for the reply, I did wonder if the 30 would be too small.
Did a bit of maths and I was thinking that a pair of suitably jetted 34 icts may work for such a mild engine aswell.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I would run a set of Kadrons with vac advance modification.

I am running an 1835cc with stock internals C25 cam std heads Kadrons jetted appropriately this is in a convertible , well pleased with this combo

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
A single stock carb isn't going to function well on an 1835. Even for a trike.

With a stock crank, and a stock or mild cam, you need to be staying to stock rev limits. That is going to set how much fual/air is coming in at any time - a pair of twin baby carbs would be great: ICTs, Kadrons etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts