Volkszone Forum banner

1835cc engine parts inc almost NEW case

For Sale 
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Moog 
#1 · (Edited)
1835cc engine parts for sale - all parts done less than 300 miles from new.

92mm Mahle Forged pistons/cylinders - £150 inc a 5th spare unused piston&cylinder. *** Sold pending payment *** :)

69mm forged counterweighted & 8-doweled crank. Spun a rod bearing so needs a re-grind on the big-ends but mains are perfect. - worth a punt, inc gears and 3-rods. *** Sold *** :)

Lightened 8-dowel 200mm flywheel (cast) *** Sold *** :)

Bolt on cam gear & bolts. *** Sold *** :)

Almost brand new AS41 dual-relief mag case, cut for 90.5/92mm. As I said, less than 300 miles on it! Genuine new cases are now getting hard to get get hold of and are £££ if you can get them, and then you'd have to get it machined, so got to be worth £500, including head studs/nuts.

Can take pics tomorrow if requested.

Parts are on South Coast, near Worthing/Brighton. Can sort postage if you want - just ask :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Pics of the crank...

Most of the mess you can see on the journal is actually the bearing material smeared around it - measuring it up it gives 55.1mm, so bigger than normal now, as you would expect from bearing spread all over it, and suggests a 0.25 cut will clean it up, maybe a 0.5. I've seen worse ground back and used, but of course I can't give any guarantee. It's got to be worth a go to someone. I'm guessing that it is an EMPI crank from the "EP" marking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.