Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1967 1500 Beetle ñ Concourse condition

This is a very regrettable sale of my most prized possession ñ my 1967 1500 Beetle. The car comes with the most comprehensive service history imaginable including complete documentation, receipts and MOTís from new. The original purchase invoice is present, as are the service records and owners manual.

The car has been featured in several books including Laurence Meredithís ëOriginal VW Beetleí and David Hodgeís ëThe Volkswagen Beetleí. The car has also been featured as a buyers guide in Classic Car magazine.

The car was the proverbial little old ladyís run-about until the early 90ís when the late Stuart Andrews bought it and lovingly restored it to concourse condition. It required very little work / replacement parts and there are 4 files of detailed photos showing the work that was carried out from start to finish.

The car retains all of its original panels and fittings. The exterior was re-sprayed in the original L633 VW Blue and the bonnet and interior still wear their original paint.

The 6-volt electrical system functions perfectly and everything works as it should. The original 6v ëHí prefix engine is still with the car and has covered only 80,000 miles. The single-circuit disc brakes are as light as a feather and stop the car with ease.

The interior is immaculate with Dylan Cheesley oatmeal square-weave carpets. There is however, a small 1-2 inch tear in the driverís seat but after 40 years the original vinyl is holding up remarkably well.

The car has had a stainless silencer and tailpipes fitted as well as a new 6v battery. It was fully serviced and MOTíd in Feb í07 and flew through the test as usual. Obviously the car is tax-exempt with about 9 months left on the disc.

All in all she is a truly fantastic Beetle in amazing condition. It is without question one of the best examples of a 1967 1500 in the country. It took us a good few years of searching before we found this car and we're only selling because she literally just sits in the garage collecting dust these days. With a recent house purchase and a baby I just donít get to use her any more so itís time for someone else to enjoy this timewarp í67.

Asking price is £4950
Viewings highly recommended as you need you see it to believe!!

Send me a PM for questions / contact details & further pics.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
free ttt for a lovely bug. almost sounds too cheap. good luck with the sale.

yet another for sale ad that i look at and think "i would, if i had the space and cash"

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Del, Surfergirl, Rich! :)

Sorry Paul, my email isn't playing at the mo so here's a few more pics for now...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car. I've been sitting here contemplating whether i'd have the balls to buy it and Cal look it..... i couldn't do it! It's just too nice as it is.

Hope someone continues to look after her!

Cheers

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soz Musky, didn't mean to leave you out and since you were first with the compliments have a hug too!! :hug:

The Cal look thought has crossed my mind a few times WaxMy.. especially before I sold my 4.5j Fuchs but the whole car feels literally like new and there's just too much to spoil by tearing it to bits and lashing its guts away - that's what makes it a '67 fifteen. Even the hubcaps are one-year-only!! I'd love to see it back in the concourse line-ups so hopefully whoever takes her away will have the same appreciation for her. :rolleyes:

Cheers Brad! Bankloan?! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
scouser said:
Soz Musky, didn't mean to leave you out and since you were first with the compliments have a hug too!! :hug:

The Cal look thought has crossed my mind a few times WaxMy.. especially before I sold my 4.5j Fuchs but the whole car feels literally like new and there's just too much to spoil by tearing it to bits and lashing its guts away - that's what makes it a '67 fifteen. Even the hubcaps are one-year-only!! I'd love to see it back in the concourse line-ups so hopefully whoever takes her away will have the same appreciation for her. :rolleyes:

Cheers Brad! Bankloan?! :)
thats ok scouser, when and where were the photos taken? be careful how you answer because we haven't seen the sun for some time! :D

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Lovely car......

Do you mind if I ask why it is on a 66 plate and in the 66 section of the book if it is a 67? :crazy:

Waxy you should buy it and do what the cal look gods are telling you... :D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
lofty1971 said:
Do you mind if I ask why it is on a 66 plate and in the 66 section of the book if it is a 67? :crazy:
Because it was registered in the UK sometime between August and December 1966. VW model years always ran August to August. UK plate years changed from January-December to August-July in 1967, which is why the "E" plate only ran for six months.

It'd be nice for just *one* mint early car to not get slammed, narrowed, have an load of American engine bits shoved up it's arse and have the outside covered in shiny shit. Just for a change, like.

·
Registered
707 Posts
sessions gorilla said:
Because it was registered in the UK sometime between August and December 1966. VW model years always ran August to August. UK plate years changed from January-December to August-July in 1967, which is why the "E" plate only ran for six months.

It'd be nice for just *one* mint early car to not get slammed, narrowed, have an load of American engine bits shoved up it's arse and have the outside covered in shiny shit. Just for a change, like.
Absolutely.

Gorgeous car .. and before you say anything Mr.Sessions, yes, I know, if I sold the Split I could buy this. Just wish I'd got my arse in gear sooner!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
sessions gorilla said:
:lol: :lol: So right ;)

VERY COOL CAR :cool: Good luck with the sale,, I will envy its new owner only if its kept as it is ;)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
manxbuggies said:
:lol: :lol: So right ;)

VERY COOL CAR :cool: Good luck with the sale,, I will envy its new owner only if its kept as it is ;)
and i'll second that ...... :D what we don't need is another bandwagon jumpin' slam it on it's arse brigade member who will be owning a corsa next year when they've ruined it :D

Don't take this comment too serious .....Cal look is cool if you have saved a basket case from the great scrapyard in the sky :D

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Thanks for confirming the number plate issue wasn't questioning the integrity of the car in anyway :D

Not so keen on the anti-cal look hostility but we all have our own opinions I suppose ;) And better to keep them on the road than leave them gathering dust eh?

Not sure what cal look cars 'have the outside covered in shiny shit', though......and assume you won't like the fact I have a two owner (2nd one had it since 1959) 1958 Standard that is in the process of being 'improved' - sorry butchered - :eek: ha!ha!

It will be ripping with a JMR 2276 very soon....... :hug:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts