Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a less than ideal start to the relationship with starting, fueling and oil leak problems the bug is finally home and running great, thanks to the lads at DTH.

While it was in I took the opportunity to get undersealed, dropped spindles, ATS alloys and a paint repair and looking good now to.

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good on the ATS wheels.:cool:
Now get those front accessory lights tucked a little further under the bumper (or replaced with something a little more period).
Yeah that is definitely next job, those lights were an addition from previous owner, also the wing mirrors are strange as well being black plastic.

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
Yeah that is definitely next job, those lights were an addition from previous owner, also the wing mirrors are strange as well being black plastic.
I never noticed the mirrors. They look a bit like mk1 golf flag mirrors except the mounting is wrong.

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never noticed the mirrors. They look a bit like mk1 golf flag mirrors except the mounting is wrong.
Yeah almost identical to flag mirrors, will replace them with standard and get fogs changed to round chrome (saw some Hellas ones on heritage that look good).

Next weekend job is scrubbing the seats and headliner and fitting some Stainless Steel Tapered Tail Pipes.

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
Looks great ! Maybe a nice kamei spoiler up front too ?

I quite like those mirrors , look like late Fusca ones a wee bit.
They're mexican ones. Just saw these from M7 on ebay.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Looking good on the ATS wheels.:cool:
Now get those front accessory lights tucked a little further under the bumper (or replaced with something a little more period).
Loving this!! Awesome colour and wheels a great choice! Was going to say exactly what Zeb and Callaghan did wrt kamei spoiler and tucking the fogs in.
Health to drive dude :)

I'd the tapper tips on mine when first started to drive it, the baffles rotted and shot out............I loved the note of it, uncle used to call it "BULLIT" when he heard it coming lol Was way too loud but I'd say be nice note off those

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Loving this!! Awesome colour and wheels a great choice! Was going to say exactly what Zeb and Callaghan did wrt kamei spoiler and tucking the fogs in.
Health to drive dude :)

I'd the tapper tips on mine when first started to drive it, the baffles rotted and shot out............I loved the note of it, uncle used to call it "BULLIT" when he heard it coming lol Was way too loud but I'd say be nice note off those
Cheers mate,

Will need to investigate this Kamei Spoiler and will defo get the fogs sorted.

Spent the afternoon scrubbing the seats tried Vanish, Pink Stuff and G101 - its helped but still along way to go to get 50 years off!

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a nightmare i have had with the wing mirror threaded nut on the passanger door - it obviously didnt have a welded one when it left factory so when i unscrewed the wing mirror the nut fell in the inside of the door.

Managed to retrieve it by taking door card off but getting it back in position was another story altogther.

Finally after a lot of trial and error with a bit of string tied to it, got it positioned and used Evostick Sticks like Sh!t - hopefully it holds enough to get the new wing mirror on tight enough when it arrives.

Nothings ever easy 😂

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
What a nightmare i have had with the wing mirror threaded nut on the passanger door - it obviously didnt have a welded one when it left factory so when i unscrewed the wing mirror the nut fell in the inside of the door.

Managed to retrieve it by taking door card off but getting it back in position was another story altogther.

Finally after a lot of trial and error with a bit of string tied to it, got it positioned and used Evostick Sticks like Sh!t - hopefully it holds enough to get the new wing mirror on tight enough when it arrives.

Nothings ever easy 😂
My passengers door didn't have the nut welded to the inside of the door and getting one to stay in place while the door mirror was screwed into place was a PITA.
Came up with this in the end to stop it spinning.
Audio equipment Metal Circle Mesh Pattern

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My passengers door didn't have the nut welded to the inside of the door and getting one to stay in place while the door mirror was screwed into place was a PITA.
Came up with this in the end to stop it spinning.
View attachment 297133
Cheers for that - I may need to do something similar, will see how much hold it has in the morning with the evostick stuff. If not my uncle is a welder so he may be able to come up with something to keep it in place.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The car looks fantastic, you should put a before picture up too! I have been looking for another for months now it is proving to be a tall order, lol. DTH is superb.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts