Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Loving this!! Awesome colour and wheels a great choice! Was going to say exactly what Zeb and Callaghan did wrt kamei spoiler and tucking the fogs in.
Health to drive dude :)

I'd the tapper tips on mine when first started to drive it, the baffles rotted and shot out............I loved the note of it, uncle used to call it "BULLIT" when he heard it coming lol Was way too loud but I'd say be nice note off those
I am interested in the Kamei Front Spolier thats been mentioned a few times but they seem difficult to find - been searching about, but all i can see is a lad from Serbia on ebay selling replicas for £140. Anyone know if they are still stocked somewhere in the UK or a good alternative?

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,540 Posts
I am interested in the Kamei Front Spolier thats been mentioned a few times but they seem difficult to find - been searching about, but all i can see is a lad from Serbia on ebay selling replicas for £140. Anyone know if they are still stocked somewhere in the UK or a good alternative?
not much help but i got one from a chap at volksfling, who was selling a few NOS ones .
. Few years ago now tho !

ebay saved search or post on Lothians vw Facebook page ?

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
not much help but i got one from a chap at volksfling, who was selling a few NOS ones .

Cheers mate, will keep an eye out, sure one will crop up at some point - no massive rush.

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Just saw there is a Volksfling this year in May, any good? I had been looking for Scottish based event but didn't seem to be a huge amount.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,540 Posts
Just saw there is a Volksfling this year in May, any good? I had been looking for Scottish based event but didn't seem to be a huge amount.
It’s a good show , certainly nothing like as big as the big English ones but it’s grew every year and generally the weathers decent !

Nice part of the world too.

There was (pre covid) a few good non vw specific classic car shows in Scotland also , hopefully they return as well.

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It’s a good show , certainly nothing like as big as the big English ones but it’s grew every year and generally the weathers decent !

Nice part of the world too.

There was (pre covid) a few good non vw specific classic car shows in Scotland also , hopefully they return as well.
Nice one, will probably go down for the day and check it out.

·
Premium Member
1968 Beetle 1500
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My passengers door didn't have the nut welded to the inside of the door and getting one to stay in place while the door mirror was screwed into place was a PITA.
Came up with this in the end to stop it spinning.
View attachment 297133
Finally got the wing mirror back on, my uncle managed to spot weld the nut in and luckily held enough to screwed back in - what a pain in the butt that was.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts