Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my pride and joy. It took me 10 years to save up enough money to fully restore her.

1776cc replaced the 1198cc after an engine fire.

stock interior with slight mods

hope u like..

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I like buddy! ;) Just out of interest, what sort of money did it cost for you to build/buy your 1776? I know what you mean about time saving for a project. I haven't waited as long as you but I've owned my car for 7 years before I could afford to transform it!!

Look after it, drive and enjoy it!

Ben ;) :hangloose

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1776 cost me about £4000, it is powerful!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
before resto

during resto

now

dubs at the park

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apart from the lowering job n EMPIs, she looks like a restored stocker, the full suspension has been renewed including uprated anti roll bar, camber compensator, all the bushes. She drives like she's on rails. If you look at the exhaust dead on or from above, it looks stock too. Imagine the suprise people get when i floor it n leave em standing!

·
Registered
132 Posts
the car looks great....helps with the motivation to keep going with mine!

Quick question for you....in one of the pictures I can see that you have fitted a new door. I am in the process of fitting one to my car. The bit I am stuck on at the moment is how to fix the metal channel for the window felt in place. I mean the one at the rear of the door. The bootom end is bolted in place, but I can't figure out how the top part should be fixed. Any tips you can give me?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xdavex70 said:
the car looks great....helps with the motivation to keep going with mine!

Quick question for you....in one of the pictures I can see that you have fitted a new door. I am in the process of fitting one to my car. The bit I am stuck on at the moment is how to fix the metal channel for the window felt in place. I mean the one at the rear of the door. The bootom end is bolted in place, but I can't figure out how the top part should be fixed. Any tips you can give me?
Both doors, bonnet, front and rear valance and all wings were replaced. The only thing from the original is the decklid. Even all the glass has been replaced with smoked (not tinted).
Sorry I cant help you on the doors, I paid a guy to do everything for me. Sorry mate

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
magicfiver said:
wow, that looks really cool. the lowering is very subtle - i didnt notice it at first.
:D
The lowering seems subtle, but I'll tell you I have had untold problems driving on broken roads and speedbumps. Even got stuck at Dubs At The Park. The performance Exhaust and Camber Compensator at the rear, along with the Uprated Anti Roll Bar at the front catch on EVERYTHING!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your not gonna believe this, but at MOT time, she is so low that she would not go onto the ramp! Even the rolling road simulation for brake testing was not possible. They had to do a manual brake test. Lowering a Bug looks the biz and improves the handling, but can be a pain sometimes..

·
Registered
108 Posts
just looking at the bug, wants me to get mine on the road, and as it getting dark now it means more time working on the bug, fun for me not the girl friend, but it will be worth it, well it better be.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like subtle mods, nothing too outrageous. Its good to keep people guessing. The engine is a 1776 power unit with an exhaust which maximises the BHP from both.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts