Volkszone Forum banner

1972 1302s beginners project

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  gregmilner 
#1 ·
Hello People,

I have recently purchase a beetle and I'm relatively new to this.

I've started a blog to help me document my progress on my 1972 1302s.

http://fixmydub.blogspot.com

I would appreciate any constructive comments.

(VZi, if i'm outta line, let me know)

I will also be updating bits & bobs on here obviously, but I just thought I would stand out from the crowd a bit and make something easy to understand for people who could find themselves in my shoes in the future, etc.

Cheers

Greg

See less See more
#11 ·
Blow it out with an airline then plug each end so no shit gets in during your works. Or you could try connecting a funnel at one end higher than the other and pouring fuel through to clear any shit in the line. If you have a blockage then air or a new pipe.

BTW - try and post your info/updates/images on here, using another blog is a pain.....TBH. :)

#12 ·
BTW - try and post your info/updates/images on here, using another blog is a pain.....TBH. :)
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try, I am assuming you mean some form of compressed air, as in from an actual compressor yes?

As for the blog, I guess I am just trying to stand out from the crowd a bit and put a bit more into it, to give it a bit of personality.

I am more than happy to update most things onto here though if that's what people prefer?

If anyone else has feedback, let me know.

Greg

#15 ·
Hey nessy,

thanks for the positive comments.

Fair enough, I will start adding more content if this makes it easier for people! :D

Shielsy - this is a completely new experience for me, so if you can help me with anything on my journey, then I won't be saying no!

Cheers,

Greg

#16 ·
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some of the tuning parts fitted over the weekend.

Are there any specific problems I should look out for?

For example, I read somewhere that the Head on some 70's beetles is prone to cracking if you over-tighten the spark plugs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always!

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.