Year:1974
Make:Volkswagen
Model:Beetle
Mileage:90000 KM
Transmission:Manual
Engine:1300
Trim:1300
Hello,

This is my brown 1974 VW 1300 Beetle. I bought this car 3 years ago with the aim to fully restore it, but due to other commitments I haven’t been able to do so. Reluctantly, I am now selling it so need to see it go to a home where it will get more attention. Since I bought it, I have done a sufficient number of upgrades including:
  • New VW air filter
  • New Bosch black 12V ignition coil
  • New Condenser
  • New contacts
  • New set of internal fuses (as seen in photo)
  • New fan housing
  • New fan housing fan
  • Oil cooler to twin port
  • New manifold
  • Replaced manifold gaskets and rubbers.
  • Adjusted valve clearances
  • Engine oil flushed
  • New refurbished SOLEX carburettor
  • Replaced fuel cleaner
  • New fuel pump
  • New fuel filter
  • New fuel line
  • New vacuum hose
  • New spark plugs
  • New complete clutch
  • New fuel filler cap
Also has:
  • Original seats frames
  • Original floor mats

The majority of these upgrades have been done to the engine. When I bought the car, it wouldn’t start, but now it runs and ticks over nicely. I didn’t get the chance to do much to the exterior and interior so there are a few rusty spots. The main body work is in decent condition, all it needs is someone who wants this car as a project to finish.

The engine is in great condition and has been rebuilt to the original spec. I have also tidied up the engine by putting a better fan housing in and also new pipework, as you can see from the pictures.

There is no end float, doesn’t smoke or overheat and since getting back on the road I’ve used the car around the village multiple times with no issues. Idols nicely, drive smoothly and sounds perfect. That’s really about all I can say. It’s a very honest beetle.
I have a good amount of paperwork for it, receipts and beetle booklet. I am based near Chichester, West Sussex. Viewing is very much welcome. No silly offers please.
I have tons more photos (as couldn’t attach them all) and walk around videos, start up videos etc available so please feel free to message me if you have any queries on 07487 260962. Thank you