Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1976 Beetle 1300 (Sun Orange) Project

Hi All,

Picked up my beetle, OGJ619P today, after buying it on ebay for £420.

Here are some photos on day1 of the project:

I will up date this as I go on with my project.

Cheers,

Matt.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Doesnt look bad. Does it drive ok?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah starts fine, and did 50 miles today to get back home, seemed to run sweet, pleanty of power, and did 55mph easily on the m25. Shame that the accel pedal had sheared off, so bit hard to drive, hopefully get that sorted soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice , it looks pretty solid considering its age , are you going to restore it to standard , or mod it? Will you be able to save the sunroof?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan to restore it as original, already purchased new front wings, and new bumpers, and just ordered the accel pedal clip, and 2 wing mirrors. Also need to do the doors. Plan to keep the sunroof, as it does open and close (not tried myself), will try and fix the rust, dont think its too serious. It does leak though, as I got drenched as I pulled away and all the water came out of the roof. So will need to look at the seals also..... but all in I am quite pleased with it....

·
Registered
567 Posts
i think a bug like this is a great find. Seems solid enough and steel sunroof! And its in the BEST COLOUR VW EVER DID!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
benjyhas said:
steel sunroof.....cool ;) Lets see some photos of the heater channels! :)
Yeah will try and take some of the heater channels, they have been repaired previously, and look solid so far .... also got a reciept for £2535 (ouch!) for an MOT, where they have done a lot of welding work to the door pillars, new floor, some bodywork and lots of other stuff.... I was lucky with one I think, its also rumored to have had a recondition engine put in about 2 years ago, but no reciept.

·
Registered
130 Posts
mat_at_home said:
also got a reciept for £2535 (ouch!) for an MOT, .
Holy sh!t dude , that sounds like the kinda luck I have with my cars! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tonight I started the project:

1st Job, replace the wiper motor,

2nd Job, front bumper off

3rd Job, front passenger wing off

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I was a bit suprised to see the sills were perfect, especially with the running boards in such a sorry state! It shouldn't take too much work to get it stripped, cleaned and ready for the shell to be painted.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts