Volkszone Forum banner
401 - 420 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
Managed to swap the rubber boots across to the new leads and gave them a spray of damp sealer.

I also bolted the bay window starter motor in place after putting a bit of grease on the end where it sits in the bush in the bellhousing.
The soleniod is clocked about 45 degrees further round on the bay one than on the t3 starter. It sits at around the 12:30 mark on the t3 and about 2 oclock on bay one. The cables all seem to reach fine.
Just waiting on a new terminal lug to arrive in the post before i can start it though.

I set a rat trap under the van last night but caught an ickle mouse instead. Lovely looking one too. :cry:

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Got the terminal for the alternator wire (that connects to the starter 30 terminal) through the post today and managed to get the cable bolted into place.
It was made slightly difficult due to the fact the solenoid is clocked a little more clockwise on the bay starter that the T3 one and 70mm2 cable doesn't like to bend easily so it fought being movedt to a slighly different location. :rolleyes:

Caravelle starts again now though. (y)

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Starter is a little sluggish on a morning.
I'm putting it down to the fact its my spare starter thats been sat about 2 years after being used on my engine test stand when i built the beetle engine. It spins over a lot faster once its been used once.
Gonna get the original Bosch one checked and rebuilt again. Its done 9 years service on a daily basis since it was rebuilt last (at a cost of £50) so i call that good value.
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
Cheers.
She lost 5kg over the past 6 months, couldn't wag her tail anymore, had problems walking properly and was suffering from canine demetia so didn't really know what was going on most of the time, so it was the kindest thing to do. Still hurts like hell though.:(

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
Hope you're ok dude:(
Its not been the best week to be honest. My dad was rushed into hospital again yesterday too. No real idea whats wrong, though they found some fluid on his lungs yet again.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,325 Posts
Its not been the best week to be honest. My dad was rushed into hospital again yesterday too. No real idea whats wrong, though they found some fluid on his lungs yet again.
:( If we're lucky enough to have parents around as we get older it kinda gets harder with the worry of them getting older. Stay strong dude.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Gutted for you - not nice when you loose a loved one.
She'd been with me for over a third of my life. :(

Looking down on the old girl from up the hill.
Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Car

Went to Cars and Coffee this morning. Looking at the state of the roads i decided to leave the bug in the garage and take the caravelle instead.
Some interesting cars there today.
Saphire Cossie.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Possibly the loudest mustang in existance.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

One of three corvettes
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Ferrari. A real one not an MR2 in drag.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Riley.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Interior was like a gentlemans club. Aged leather with vaneered dash. :cool:
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Vehicle door

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
You'd think it would be easy enough to see with the lights on wouldn't you? Its not as if its small either. The bloke who pulled out on me this morning must have been driving with their eyes closed. :rolleyes:
Put the fear of god into them by filling their rear view mirror with 50mph of van.
Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Arse. Small argument with a low wall entering our drive. :mad:
Just caught the corner of the capping stone. Wall now suitably attacked with a sledge hammer.
It not damaged the back of the sliding door but the skin has been pushed in an inch or so. Right at the place the lower inner skin is so might be a pain to knock back out. :rolleyes:
Automotive parking light Tire Grille Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Took a run to Bristol today to pick up this little sweetie. She's just over 6 months old and from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Whiskers

Front wheel bearings have started grumbling. Wheels were a bit warm so gonna have to have a look at those this week. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Took a run to Bristol today to pick up this little sweetie. She's just over 6 months old and from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
View attachment 299121

Front wheel bearings have started grumbling. Wheels were a bit warm so gonna have to have a look at those this week. :rolleyes:
cute doggy x

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
I managed to knock/lever some of the scrape out of the sliding door. Its right at the level that the inner structure is so getting at it with a hammer and dolly from inside was impossible. :(
The deepest bit at the rear of the door is now only around 5mm deep. I might see if i can tack a few nails on and use a claw hammer and a block of wood to pull the dent out.
Liquid Automotive lighting Hood Water Fluid

401 - 420 of 460 Posts