Volkszone Forum banner
421 - 440 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
Slide hammer would be good. Getting a good pull without drilling holes in the panel for screws is not easy though.
If i can get it down to a few mm i'll just fill it but the main bit still needs pulling out a little more.
My welder and filler are still in my brother in laws garage so i'll need to pop down and collect them.

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Cant you weld a washer to the panel and slide hammer from that? Then remove the washer and clean up with a grinder/flap disc?
Then no holes.
That'd work, if i had a slide hammer.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I use washers and a slide hammer to pull dents, but your nail and claw hammer idea might be better. When you pull with a slide hammer the metal gives at its weakest points so can be a bit unpredictable, with a lever type arrangement you can choose where to pull and push. Good luck :)

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
Got the front wheel bearings replaced this afternoon. Was gonna do the brake pads too but when i removed them and checked against the new ones i bought they're only 0.5mm worn (in over 30k miles).:oops:
Drivers side. Backing plate is a little rotten but i didn't have a spare to replace it with.
Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle part Rim

Wheel Locking hubs Vehicle brake Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Passengers side:
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Rim

Piccy of the disc and caliper reinstalled got corrupted by my phone. :rolleyes:

The passengers side bearings were the ones i thought was making the noise but on checking the rollers in the bearing on the drivers side was slightly blue. Passengers side was fine.

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
MOT is due on the 11th May. Found yet another hole in the exhaust silencer so filled it with gun gum. Also found a split CV joint boot. Only the inner one so atleast access is easier than the beast of an outer joint.

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
My school mate Jeremy gave me a 5 piece front spoiler when i saw him at Stanford Hall on Sunday. :)
Just need to figure out what clips are needed to fit it now.

Didn't manage to find a sliding door handle while i was there unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
Looks like the spoiler is fitted with spire nuts under the cab door steps and M6 riv nuts along the front.
Clamped it into place to see what it looks like.
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Automotive parking light

Needs a bit of a clean up and some back to black or painting with plastic bumper paint.

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 · (Edited)
Gave the spoiler a clean and a couple of coats of Halfords black plastic bumper paint. Turned out OK i think.
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Font Metal

Gave the bumper end caps a couple of coats too.
Tire Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Grille Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Bag Automotive exterior

Light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle door

Fitted a new CV boot for its MOT on Friday too.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine Engineering

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Finally got the caravelle back after having new flexys and all brake pipes replaced. Wallet is now £394 lighter though. :oops:
Front brakes smelled a bit hot by the time i'd driven her the 10 miles back. Not sure why they'd do that.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

421 - 440 of 462 Posts