Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I've moved the oil pressure gauge from the bug to the bus and the dash light still doesn't light when I turn the key. I've used the old wire from the old pressure sender that the light run of before, is this right? Or do I need to run a new wire to the sender?

The gauge works fine (apart from the flickering from the indicator relay :rolleyes: )

Any ideas?

OP

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
OP said:
Yeah was working fine before as it was in the beetle. Hmmmm maybe the senders broke, damn second hand stuff!!
Confirm that bulb and wire are OK, by touching the wire to the engine block, whilst ignition switched on, engine not running. Warning light in dash should light up, confirming fault in the sender. That's all the original switch and that connection on the sender do, both break contact when the oil pressure rises. If it's not making contact in the first place, it could just be dirty contacts inside the sender, try cleaning it out with WD 40, before you scrap it. ;)

PS, you did run an additional wire to the guage didn't you ? The warning light only works off the original wire, the guage needs it's own separate wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts