Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008...what a year eh?

some truly awesome memories this year for me...with the help of my buddies the bus was finished... thousands of miles and 49 nights slept in it later, it has certainly got used since it was completed on good friday :D but then thats what it was built for!

highlights for me this year...

shasta - the greatest trip on earth ( britt, you are a legend and one that im glad to call a friend, thankyou )

bonnevilles playing in the shop…what a night !

easter thunderball - pulling into santa pod and seeing a snowman at the gate, falling out of the bus covered in blood, and knowing, that we ( the bus and i…had made it for the first time together to the pod for the first time)

spending a week at rnj...rob without you this year me and my bus would have been on the scrapheap...thanks dude !

volksworld show - having the bus there...once in a lifetime gig ( thanks to vzi)

ultravw mag feature on the bus - a lifetime dream achieved ( thnks to knighty and mike and june key)

the beach party – chemical brothers and the utah saints….rule 6 blagging at its finest!

bugjam - memories and friendships forged forever ( you'll need a tray!, chez the legend lent me his bus loev you too dude!)

tatton park - awesome weekends craic with the cheshire crew ( riley i love you like a brother dude!)

vw action - our annual pilgrimage...good friends, the open road and the party of the year! the more time i spend over the water with the action family, the more i feel ive a home from home :group: 4 years ago, i got introduced to some of the people who had inspired me as i was growing up....now im glad to call brian, brett et al friends :)

the vzi calendar - im so porud to have been able to help with this..everyone involved...RAWKS!

Petrolheads…. ( as seen on muthafuckin' tv baby !!!)

volksautumn - a truly chilled day in the best surroundings

the evening of ink - a night under the needle, again with friends

the pinstriping workshop - nef, you the man bro!:hug:

RAWKTOBERFEST IV - the best night of the year, for many reasons, nights like this are to be treasured forever...the best of times with the best of people!

vzi xmas party in southend on sea - im just back from this, awesome roadtrip and one hell of a party...

the flipside of the good times are the bad times, there has been a fair share of them this year as well, some life changing, i lost part of my family, the family busines went downhill, relationships have come and gone, ill be the first to admit, its been a hard year, but...what doesnt kill us only serves to make us stronger ;)

on a personal note, thank you to each and every individual who has helped me, supported me, been a shoulder for me, been there for me, made me laugh, made me smile and made my life a better place over the past year...never ever underestimate your friends, for without them we are nothing. Ya’all know who you are ;)

many nights camped out under the stars, many roads driven, many many laughs had, 2008 hasnt been the worst has it ;)

what will 2009 bear? Will I wont be in England as much in the coming year unfortunately, as I got a certain dream to start fulfilling on the salt flats of Bonneville, and that will be taking up a lot of my energy over the coming years, we have camp carnage in june, volksautumn in September and RAWKTOBERFEST V in October (Halloween night to be precise) expect a load of nights camping and the odd party / gig etc, myself glen and ric also have an ultra marathon to run in august…50km along the north coast of Ireland…GAME ON!

heres to spinning spanners, laughing till you cry, pear cider, and continued automotive carnage in 2009!

thankYOU to everyone i met and everyone who helped me this year, you are all legends and the door to the castle is permenently open to ya'all!

happy new year

paul cullen
(cuchullain)

ill leave ya’all with some pics of the year past ;) pics to follow :D

·
VZ Staff
24,096 Posts
bonnevilles playing in the shop…what a night !
They were excellent alright.

Petrolheads…. ( as seen on muthafuckin' tv baby !!!)
Oh how I laughed :lol:

the pinstriping workshop - nef, you the man bro!:hug:
Another great event...and again I haven't picked up a brush/sword since!

RAWKTOBERFEST IV - the best night of the year, for many reasons, nights like this are to be treasured forever...the best of times with the best of people!
It was truely great.

Thank you Paul for organising each and every one of those events ^^^ It made this year all the more memorable for it. :hug:

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

there are some really important people in those pics, and some memories i will treasure to the day i die... this year i was humbled by the many people who helped me throughout the year and the many random acts of kindness...

theres a lot of good good people out there :group:

thats the way my year was...if the next one is half as good then we are in for a blinder !!!

cheers
paul :D

ps...please feel free to add any other photos from the year.

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck with following that dream dude :hug:

Happy 2009 ;)
thanks dude :hug:

lets just hope lady luck is riding shotgun.... i am gonna follow that dream dude....i will put a dub on the salt flats of bonneville in the next 19 months..come hell or high water..this life thing aint a rehersal, chasing dreams..its the way forward ;)

cheers
ps..i nicked a load of those photos, so many thanks to everyone who had a camera this year as well :)

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
andy

it was awesome to get to spend some time with you at last fella :D

and i was right...youre a cunt in real life as well :eek::incheek:

:hug:

cheers

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Magnetism dude - the reason you've had a great year is because you're great yourself - it'll follow you around forever.

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude

ill never forget sat talking to you in the fire up lane at the pod on your first ever drc meet and you were up against spencer in the final of sportsman.... dreams can be achieved ;)

hope you and yours have a good new year russ :D

cheers

1 - 20 of 62 Posts