Volkszone Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Something a little bit different for you :)

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Managed a group ride out yesterday afternoon. Few hundred miles, saw the sea, got a brew and a lung full of chip fat :)

...............but being out on the road with some mates is what it's all about.

·
Registered
613 Posts
being out on the road with some mates is what it's all about.
Totally.

About 10 of us rode up to Idle Torque from N'ton on Saturday, observed the minutes silence and chilled out for a bit before riding back to an outdoor popup pub, the weather was glorious, one of the guy's Harley is so loud, combined with the other bikes it made for a lot of looks all of us thundering through the little villages but it was a great ride out.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Totally.

one of the guy's Harley is so loud, combined with the other bikes it made for a lot of looks all of us thundering through the little villages but it was a great ride out.
When I'm out with the Indian Riders we tend to do a lot of "small villages/country lanes" work and I'm conscious of the pipe noise my Scout makes, so I tend to pump it up a cog and chug through. We tend to wave a lot at kids and OAPs as well - good for relationships and attitude. Dip of the head when you pass the village War memorial etc.

I live in a small village and I would say 50% of the through-riders do what I do and 50% ride like morons. (I save that for the open roads)

·
Registered
613 Posts
He's got a Breakout, but had it bored out to nearly 2.0ltr I think. It's certainly the loudest bike in the group and instantly recognisable as to who it is! That and his missus rides pillion with cat ears on her lid 🤣 They're all conscientious riders and it is a joy to wave at the kids as we ride past, the only time it is loud is when we ride through a tunnel, clutch in, quick twist of the throttle and off you go! :cool: Most of them are older and ride V-twins and I've heard stories about riders who don't play nicely, needless to say not invited back.

I haven't been riding long but its a great feeling to dip my head at other riders and feel part of a wider community :giggle:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I bought myself a new toy this week
It's a bit of a 20 footer, no MOT but I can't see anything it will fail on. Just have to fix the indicators....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,338 Posts
It must be really weird to come up behind that on the motorway.... from behind it looks like a normal Porsche then you get half way past and....... :unsure:

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
There is a lot of hard work and skill gone into creating that. Hats off to whoever did that work.

but beauty is in the eye of the beholder..........

Good to see that the pop-outs work - like you need them.......

·
Registered
613 Posts
I can't quite work out the driving position, it looks like it would be quite low and far back (note the rear view mirror on the "roof") yet the handle bars are high. It looks uncomfortable and if you wanted passengers (unless the seatbelts are just for show) it would be quite cramped!

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Its a 4 seater - 2 trad bike style in tandem, and then another two in the orange buckets at the back.

how far in front of the buckets does the "pillion" sit - not very far at all I think.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Its a 4 seater - 2 trad bike style in tandem, and then another two in the orange buckets at the back.

how far in front of the buckets does the "pillion" sit - not very far at all I think.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to sit with 3 other people, it looks like leg space will be quite busy and with someone directly behind you seems to me as if it might end up being in the way, as with a traditional bike/trike they at least drop down whereas these will be laid out, but hey, each to their own! 😏

The face on the headlight fairing is a bit weird!

·
Administrator
166,797 Posts
60s Yammy 350 . . .

·
Premium Member
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
60s Yammy 350 . . .

that would have been really something back in the day

I see a bit of Bridgestone and Stinger in there :cool:

·