Volkszone Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Administrator
166,972 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Spotted this really nice old Laverda out for a run, then came across it parked up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
It is nice, but perhaps a little overly painted?

I would have gone with chrome mudguards, polished brake drums & forks.

(I did a quick google image search before i replied & think that the colour scheme is done to the owners taste rather than OG?)

·
Registered
699 Posts
It is nice, but perhaps a little overly painted?

I would have gone with chrome mudguards, polished brake drums & forks.

(I did a quick google image search before i replied & think that the colour scheme is done to the owners taste rather than OG?)
I did think it was a little gaudy . Nice to see a laverda, I can't remember the last time I saw one in the wild. My first ever ride on a motorbike was on the back of my uncles Laverda Mistral when I was 10 or 11.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Nice Deco styled chair!

I did a couple of minor mods in the last few weeks - took the factory pannier mounts off and replaced them with M8 bolts as a trial. Decided I liked the look so I ordered some black nylon washers, and some 10mm M8 black domed head bolts. 10 minute job, subtle mod and it looks good. Factory equivalent is the same but in shiney chrome.

I noticed last year that all new Indians come with a USB/charger socket - on the Armchairs that's obviously to power the toaster and microwave, twat nav and stereo. But even on the Scout range they are present. Having run the phone out of juice on a long ride before I thought it was a good fitment. Indian do it as a retro fit kit, complete with great instructions on how to fit and wire it.

To put in a USB socket means you need a complete new speedo mount/bowl. So its bars off to fit that, tank off to fit the wiring....... Well worth it already. On the last two ride outs, the HD riders have scoffed, then produced their phone lead at a tea stop.........

Hope everyone is enjoying their riding.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had a total score at the weekend. My 82 Beemer had a charging fault, where anything above 2000 revs, it stopped charging. When I took the old regulator off, I thought it looked kind of familiar. I dug into my "that will come in handy one day" pile, and found a regulator my dad had in his stash about 30 years ago. It's not the correct part for my bike as I think it came off his 77 BMW 2002 back in the day, but the multi plug was a perfect fit, right down to the locating peg, and the bolt holes even lined up! I plugged it in and it works perfectly. Gotta love German engineering!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I did a couple of minor mods in the last few weeks

Hope everyone is enjoying their riding.
I am enjoying the riding position of my Tuono, but, after having a fully faired bike for so long i am not so thrilled with wind buffer. I decided to treat myself to a double bubble screen. What should be a five minute job is made time consuming because the mounting lugs are concealed behind loads of fiddley, awkward to get at screws. After spending well over an hour fitting it, i find things are much as they were with the standard screen! :ROFLMAO:

I have an ilmberger carbon fibre belly pan kit currently on order from germany, but, things seem slow with covid.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
I am enjoying the riding position of my Tuono, but, after having a fully faired bike for so long i am not so thrilled with wind buffer.
My fairing is the top of my crash helmet.......and it's got a few stone chips already..........

I can't hang on after 120mph - love to know how fast it really will go (not what the book says).

·
Premium Member
12,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I just thought I would drop in and dig up some old threads :)

so I'll start with this one

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Earlier this year my daughter's horse was put to sleep after liver failure. In order to buy another I sold my Ducati to we buy any bike. The price was ok but it was painful to see it go.
After a while we've ended up with 2 horses and I managed a promotion at work. I've been looking at adverts and spotted my Ducati for sale not too far away. Three weeks ago I went to view it and bought it back. This little exercise has cost me about £1,600 and people think I'm daft for doing it. A Ducati Monster 1100 Evo is a wonderful bike though and suits my ageing body and riding style.

·
Administrator
166,972 Posts
Earlier this year my daughter's horse was put to sleep after liver failure. In order to buy another I sold my Ducati to we buy any bike. The price was ok but it was painful to see it go.
After a while we've ended up with 2 horses and I managed a promotion at work. I've been looking at adverts and spotted my Ducati for sale not too far away. Three weeks ago I went to view it and bought it back. This little exercise has cost me about £1,600 and people think I'm daft for doing it. A Ducati Monster 1100 Evo is a wonderful bike though and suits my ageing body and riding style.
Fair play to you. :)(y)

101 - 117 of 117 Posts