Volkszone Forum banner

214ETR - Split screen

Tags
214 etr lost
3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  BuggyJim 
#1 ·
1963 ish Split camper. Was owned in the 70's by my Grandparents in the Hampshire area.

Have been looking for a while with no joy.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers.

See less See more
#6 ·
hi
yeah looked everywhere and no can find .the bugger is i know that number plate . the only bus i can think of is my friends that they bought in 95 for bugger all money and they did load of work on it and then sold it on as they bought a house but i could be wrong . if i find anything i let you know
paul

#7 ·
Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply. Would really appreciate it if you could keep looking into it, check with your mate and see if it was his and if poss who he sold it on to.

It would be great to track it down as it used to be owned by my Grandparents, my folks used to go on hols in it and I have vague memories from when I was very young going in it when my grand parents came to stay - which must have been mid to late 70's before they sold it.

I really appreciate your help with this.

Cheers

#8 ·
Did a picture of the van appear in a motorcaravan magazine (MMM) a year or 2 back ? Remember someone had a pic printed in the mag trying to track a van down and am sure it was the same colour as that one. Have you asked the DVLA if they could pass a letter on to the current owner ?

#11 ·
ask the DVLA if they can tell you when it was last taxed. they sometimes tell you that. worked for my friend, but sadly not for me :(

#16 ·
Update:

I ended up having to tell a small fib to get the last known owners info from the DVLA. Went round to the address when I was next in the area but they had moved and the current occupiers didn't know them. Banged on the neighbours door who thought they had not moved far. Unfortunately they seem to be ex directory so no luck so far.

The info from the DVLA says it was last taxed in 1981 which doesn't sound good, would still like to know what happened to it. My grandparents probably only sold it in the late 70's and they always really looked after cars, it would have been garaged etc so it seems odd if it didn't last long after they sold it.

The last known address of the PO was in Bournemouth area.

Any ideas on how to get ex-directory numbers??

#18 ·
If it was in excellent condition, sold and then never to be seen again, I'd be inclined to think it was either written off, stolen or maybe exported ??? I can't see it being scrapped after just a couple of years unless it was really abused.
But so many have gone the same way.......and it's just so frustrating to not know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.