Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine that was a good, strong runner when it was in my bay. Very smooth and powerful. Been sat a few months now, being turned a quarter of a turn every few weeks to stop seizing!

Never had blue smoke or anything; pretty good compression (can't remember exactly what it was but it was a good engine!)

Developed an oil leak from the place where the oil cooler mounts to the body of the engine.

All tinware included. Fairly decent clutch included.

Carbs, dizzy and exhaust/heat exchangers not included.

£200 as is!

Or if you want the nearly new heat exchangers and the empi twin pack exhaust you can have the lot for £350.

Collection only due to weight, from Windlesham, Surrey - Junct. 3 of the M3.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also if someone wants a complete gearbox to match this engine

(6 rib, 091 code...),

then you can have one for the price of £50...

The only disadvantage is it doesn't have 3rd or 4th gear. they make horrible crunchy noises... some sort of bearings gone apparently (not sure though)

ripe for rebuild though - found a company that would rebuild it for £279... the case is good! :)

these babies are worth about £350 second hand when they're all sorted, so if you want to get one that you KNOW is good & reconned, then here's a good starting point... ;)

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hijack!
Why you selling Icky?
PM me if you want.
Sold things cause i had too many vans, i'm just keeping the snotbus and one decent t25! :)

Selling the engines because they're taking up room! :lol:

Hope you're well anyway matey! :)

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Hi Mate
Im intrested in the gearbox can you please pm me your address so i can get a courier cost
Regards
Mike
Hello, matey!

PM on its way :) Thankya.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very interested in motor for £200
I'm about 30 mins from m3/j3
can collect pronto
call 07836760815
Terry
I'll give you a call in the morning, mate.

Cheers.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Engine sold! Just waiting on Mr Gearbox to get back to me now! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.