Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when fitting to splittys i guess you lose your heating and do you have to cut the rear valance???

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same thing,
& i dont see why you can't just put longer hoses straight through the tin & clamp them onto the heat exhangers ( rather than the stock exhaust pods ) providing you're still running exhangers & not J Tubes !!

I'd be interest to know about the valance issues ( if any ?? ) i guess it'll depend on the type of back box you want to use.
Anyone know the answer ????

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STINGER! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just fitted a ceramic bugpack mondo and 4 into 1 header to my 67 split and had no clearance issues with the rear valance. Connected new air hoses direct from the fan housing to the heat exchangers with no probs either. The [email protected]#rd problem :mad: was fitting the rear silencer. But it was with the bumper and not the valance. causing the head ache. ended up cutting away at my new bumper :eek: to make it fit. Looks the nuts though ;)

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wicked job! have no rear bumper so thats not a problem, Stinger here we come!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I fitted an empi low mount to my lowered split it was very very nice, but again it caused a little problem with the bumper but not realy a major issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts