Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a decent 915 box will cost about 500+ - but condition will adjust this figure upwards.
Then you have to fit it - someone decent will cost 500 minimum again.

Note I said decent in both cases

·
Registered
875 Posts
hmmm, ok cheers guys, got some thinkin to do now then... is it really worth it??? it just seems like my poor engine is taking alot of stress whenever an A or M road is concerned, i know i dont have to drive fast but you try telling my right foot that! lol

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
Well a decent 915 box will cost about 500+ - but condition will adjust this figure upwards.
Then you have to fit it - someone decent will cost 500 minimum again.

Note I said decent in both cases
I'd budget £1500 minimum.

bear in mind, the parts and labour on my LSD diff was £1000 without opening up the box.

A berg five speed Rancho is listed at £2500 plus mounts from Speedshop.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Shifty Scent said:
hmmm, ok cheers guys, got some thinkin to do now then... is it really worth it??? it just seems like my poor engine is taking alot of stress whenever an A or M road is concerned, i know i dont have to drive fast but you try telling my right foot that! lol
Depends what you want to do with it. with a stock engine it's probably not worth it.

How about a GT box/ freeway flyer with longer 4th gear to bring the revs down on the motorway...but remeber that the fan will also be slower so you might need to look at your oil supply/cooling.

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
ive just fitted a 915 into an early square i wouldnt recomend it as a diy job real hard to do on a typ3. and any one that can find 915,s for 500 + ill have 10, more like £1500 plus these days, i have pics of conversion + scooby turbo motor if any one would like me to email them to you. all the best Lee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts