Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So trying out a bit of Wheeler Dealering and restoring an Oval to sell on once done. I may even use it as my resume to get resto jobs, who knows :lol:

So here's the old girl

v

She's been sat in a shed since 1998 and not turned a wheel since. Stripped the carb, cleaned the plugs n points, popped some fresh fuel in the carb and hey presto she fired up almost instantly :)

No.3 cylinder is 15psi down to the rest @145-150 plus after the short running had a little oil on it but hopefully just some new rings will sort that and new bearings just to refresh things and the engine will be a good un :)

By the end of the week I hope to have the body off the pan and then the fun pictures of the rust can be shown. Apart from the rear valance and decklid the rest of the rust is in the usual suspects. Channels, lower A-pillars, lower rear qtrs and a bit in the rain gutters and front scuttle. :D

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
963 Posts
nice find :)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
breakdown of partnership!!!

So after nearly 60 years together the rot in the relationship has finally gotten to the point where a divorce was agreed upon. A shame but hopefully if the rot can be resolved then they may get back together. :)

Pan getting attacked first as very little to repair, which for 58 yrs is bloody good going :)

Area on drivers outer edge

And along with the non-existent battery tray the rear area is very Swiss so a rear 1/4 pan shall be chopped up for just what is necessary unless the repro part ends up being nice thick steel ;)

Hopefully i will have less interruptions over the next few weeks to get all the welding completed.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This a new one??? Have you finished the other??
;)
Um, sort of but kinda not. Other is pretty much ready for MOT but no cash to get it registered.

I stumbled across the Oval and am hoping to make a few grand profit once I've finished and am using my savings to get it done quickly. Have to speculate to accumulate but with this I'll either be well in the black or at least draw even. :D

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So some good progress this weekend even tho the usual issue of shite fitting repro parts slowed things down.

So a slight hole in the floor

My first small homemade repair panel to test out my new bead roller

The shitty repro panel mainly fitted. Still needs the inside corner pie cut to fit properly.

And my second larger homemade panel fitting nicely with a touch of trimming left on the sloped edge.

Still needs a bit of tidying up before seam welding in and then flipping to get the other side of the lap joins, for strength. Tickle with the grinder and ready for painting. :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Everyone seems to pick up on my bare feet :lol:

Tis warm here most days and unless moving something heavy then the soles of my feet are used to treading on crap so don't bother me. :D
Just remembered I was going to measure up the number plate light for you - do you still need it done or are you sorted now?

1 - 20 of 522 Posts