Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Iv seen your bus at a few shows and every time i just stop dead im my tracks and find myself just staring at it. :lol:

Lovely van dude, Top work! :hangloose

Chris

·
Registered
425 Posts
i just stumbled on this when i was going through my pics just now :incheek:...

i took this at VanWest last year.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What's the story of it? Is it a uk panel? Got to be quite rare these days being a rhd and a sliding door model i'd imagine. Do you know what it was used for when it was new?

·
Registered
27,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snapped this at bvf last year mate, as i think i've said before one of my favourite panels! :D :cool:
That is such a cool pic scotty,nice one:D
It was a british fire truck originally,not sure where but i will find out.
Its one of the first rhd sliding splits in the country and as far as i know its the only rhd slider panel left in this country:D
its solid as a rock for a british van and i love it:D

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
very cool mate

i know a guy who has a rhd twin slider split, they are pretty rare

·
Registered
27,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool!! Is that fog light a Raydiot?! I think is the same as the one I fitted in my Oval...

Cheers!
yes mate it is,unfortunately its no longer now,as it got smashed to bits when i had a smash 6 months ago:(
very cool mate

i know a guy who has a rhd twin slider split, they are pretty rare
cheers fella:D
Its rare being a slider and a rhd panel.64 was the first year a slider was available to the private sector (postal,fire etc)and this is an april 64,so quite early on.
ive still not seen or heard of any other rhd slider panels in the uk as yet:D
thats one of my favorite vas about;)
Thanks dude:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have seen this about loads. its just the perfect van it has everything! my favorite car at the bristol cruise a few weeks ago!!! :D

·
Registered
27,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well quite a good weekend:D
cleaned out loads of shit out the garage and rewired my headlights with all new correct coloured wires,terminals and new connector block.
Bus is up on stands ready for some new dropped spindles as the old dropped ones were awful.
Whilst its up,ive bought some por15 and a stripping wheel to totally repaint the chassis.
Will get some pics of underneath in the week(its looking lovely and clean):D

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
that would so suit a polished stainless hurst bumper lol wicked van dude

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
:lol:
I know dude,the ones you guys make look the bollox mate..
One day;)
lol just joking looks awesome ;)

and if you come across a pair of them headlight gaurds id be interested love those even thought of making a set at work but wont get round to it lol

·
Registered
27,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol just joking looks awesome ;)

and if you come across a pair of them headlight gaurds id be interested love those even thought of making a set at work but wont get round to it lol
T2d are now stocking them dude
I luckily managed to get mine from a guy off here for £60,i think they look ace.
Look in parts;)
http://www.type2detectives.com/

1 - 20 of 133 Posts