Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm just coming to the end of a lengthy restoration of my VW Beetle.
I did a lot of research prior to entrusting someone with my car, I looked at reviews and previous work they had completed before commiting myself.
Throughout the restoration I was regularly sent detailed pictures of all work carried out at every stage of the restoration and payed on a monthly basis.
I looked at your video and I agree that the work does look appalling and I do sympathise with your situation. But there are a few things I'm struggling to understand.
Firstly £15,000 is a serious amount of money, did you just hand large amounts of money to the restorer and leave him to it? Or did you regularly visit the restorer to access the quality of work at each stage?
Even if you are uninitiated in panel fitment and welding, I think most people would know that the work you've had done so far is of poor quality.
If you did make regular visits, why after seeing the quality of his work did you allow him to carry on with the restoration?
Finally, I know it's unlikely now but if he does decide to reimburse you financially in return for your silence in naming and shaming him, that would mean your potentially leaving other VW owners on here looking to restore there vehicle in a vulnerable position.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.