Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
I can't recommend a brand but searching for reviews online normally helps me find a good one. As for the amp hours, well you want to look at the Cold Crank Amps (CCA). The higher the better and the AH will increase alongside the CCA. The discrepancy between two similar CCA batteries and the AH not being the same is down to the quality of the materials and construction. It's like an amplifier that says 3000W but only has an RMS value of 40W. It may be able to whack out the power for a short while but it's constant output is poor.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't recommend a brand but searching for reviews online normally helps me find a good one. As for the amp hours, well you want to look at the Cold Crank Amps (CCA). The higher the better and the AH will increase alongside the CCA. The discrepancy between two similar CCA batteries and the AH not being the same is down to the quality of the materials and construction. It's like an amplifier that says 3000W but only has an RMS value of 40W. It may be able to whack out the power for a short while but it's constant output is poor.
Cool! Thanks for the reply much appreciated 👌🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts