Volkszone Forum banner
421 - 440 of 460 Posts

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
Started to clean and service the engine.
Obviously it’s not too bad just a bit dusty from the paint stripping and just removing any grime build up, the engine is now about 9 years old so just removing some of the build up over this time… coming up well though, just degreasing with hot soapy water and rinsing well off, after cleaning I’ll service it and check everything before it goes back in…

Chris.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Engine bay painted in white raptor, can’t remember where I saw the tin foil trick around cabling but worked a treat!

I like the textured surface in the engine bay, much less precious about it!

Also hung the bar cab doors ready to build them up.

Chris.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
And we’re back up and running, a 20 mile test run was successful. Minor issue of stuttering performance which turned out to be a HT lead not quite push on to the spark plug correctly and everything else were perfect.

Alex is looking over joyed as usual!

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 · (Edited)
We have been doing some more work on the van over the winter.
Removed the old units from the back. These have been in for well over ten years and weren’t all that well optimised for the van with lots of wasted space and dodgy leisure electrics inside!

Old units removed. Wiring is a state!
Motor vehicle Audio equipment Gas Electrical wiring Electronic instrument

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Electricity Cable

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
I wanted to do units to similar dimensions but to use the space in a more effective way. Have used the van for numerous camping trips we knew how we wanted to use the cabinets to get the most from them…

Rectangle Slope Circuit component Parallel Font

Rectangle House Urban design Font Slope

Electrics, water and gas all on the right where access is not needed all the time.
Space on the left is just for storage.
240v power, usb power and battery isolator all on the far right end.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Vacuum pressing the laminate on to the door panels.

These were previously lipped on the edges. Doing this before means the edging cannot peel away…

Rectangle Wood Flooring Linens Hardwood

Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Gas

Door panels trimmed to size and installed along with lock latching door knobs. The far right panel will be cut to suit the angle of the engine bay at the rear once installed.

421 - 440 of 460 Posts