Volkszone Forum banner
681 - 689 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I read somewhere that someone had the same problem with their beetle and it turned out the clutch centre plate was sticking on input shaft splines so when the pedal was pressed it moved up the splines and stuck instead of being able to slide.
I've also heard of clutch plate sticking to flywheel but thats with it being stored and not run for months.

I still think the clutch cable may just need adjusting more as they're all stupidly long. The nut on my beetle one is about 1/2 way down the threads on the cable.
This piccy off thesamba shows nut 1/2 way down threads too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Thanks for that - I can see that the arm is not at 90%. Mine is and when I video the movement of the thrust bearing and the lever that it was moving fully?
Will tighten it up and see how it goes!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·

Not been on for a while as the company I work for had a cyber attack and 90% of our computer systems were compromised so ended up working 17 hour days for 3 weeks trying to get our systems back.
Almost there now so will have more time to work on the van!!

Managed to drift out the door hinge pins :)

The bottom of the door is in need of some tlc so a few pics of what needs to be addressed.

Along the trailing edge

The clutch still doesn’t engage.

When pressing the clutch there is no resistance (even after tightening up the cable more) so it feels like the release bearing is not even touching the pressure plate :(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
Starting to prepare everything to remove the engine to see if I can get to the bottom of the clutch issue!

681 - 689 of 689 Posts