Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will have a fresh MoT on it next week. It's a 73 (made Jan 73) Devon, with two forward facing bench seats in the rear which convert into one rear facing, for meals, and for sleeping it makes a 3/4 width with the two stretcher style bunks above. The interior really needs a full renovation, but is useable as it is.

The pop top will have a new JK lid on it; the sides are OK.

The bodywork of the camper is a bit bubbly in places, and there's some filler evident. The sliding door isn't the best, and there's rot at the base of the A posts where they meet the front screen.

Underside is good, and needs no welding for the MoT. Good 1600 engine which always starts. Towbar and electrics. SORNed.

I have a traditional style awning for £100, and a pair of Saab 9000 blue velours heated seats for £50, unfitted, with the heater switches.

View Wallingford, Oxon - 07743 414002. No PX thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hey mate have you got any pics of the inside?? i take it that its not tax exempt if its a 73 model

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm certain it was made in Jan 73, as I've decoded the info plate. It's not tax exempt therefore.

Interior is scabby, but just about OK to use. No seat belts in the rear. It has an original two ring cooker and grill, plus small sink with cool box below on the near side, on the right as you look through the slider.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTT

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hi mate im a newbie so go easy, im looking to buy my first camper for me missus and two kids under 5 this sounds ideal as im looking for something that needs new interior so i can fit my own but not a lot of underneath work not very good at that sort of thing!, a bit of bodywork ok a few friends that could help with that, just wondered if you thought this would be ok for my needs, you seem to know your stuff from your previous posts and would rather deal with someone who knows what they are talking about also does this run on unleaded? and how difficult would it be for me to put seatbelts in back for child seats? are there any anchoring points? sorry to sound a bit thick as i said im new to scene cheers mate!!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
now I could be wrong,but if its a camper not a panelvan conversion and i think it isnt..it should have belt points in the back our 70 westy does :hangloose have a look under the bed?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
artist said:
Yes - it's fine

while you have the interior out it should be easy enough to fit these from JustKampers who also do the mounting plates if you need them.
hi mate thanks for reply can you tell me how long has it been sorned for? and will it just be a case of taxing it so i would be able to drive home or does it have to be sent off to get back on road? also you say sliding door not the best does this mean it doesn't work? or is full of rust? cheers mate sorry to be pain just trying to cover all bases before i arrange a viewing as i live quite a way from you!!

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been SORNed for nearly 12 months. Can be taxed on the V5 which I have, so you could get in, drive to the local PO, tax it and go.

The slider is off a panel van, and has got some rot, but it opens/closes and locks. It could be saved with work, or you could get another one.

PM me your number and I'll let you know as soon as it's got the ticket on it. There are quite a few after this van, so it will be first come, first served.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now with a shiny new MoT and ready to go!

07743 414002

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This has a fresh MoT to 16th June 2008. It's a 73 (made Jan 73) Devon, with two forward facing bench seats in the rear which convert into one rear facing, for meals, and for sleeping it makes a 3/4 width with the two stretcher style bunks above. The interior really needs a full renovation, but is useable as it is.

The pop top will have a new JK lid on it; the sides are OK.

The bodywork of the camper is a bit bubbly in places, and there's some filler evident. The sliding door isn't the best, and there's rot at the base of the A posts where they meet the front screen.

Underside is good, and needs no welding for the MoT. Good 1600 engine which always starts. Towbar and electrics. SORNed.

I have a traditional style awning for £100, and a pair of Saab 9000 blue velours heated seats for £50, unfitted, with the heater switches.

View Wallingford, Oxon - 07743 414002. No PX thanks.

.jpg[/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts