Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what is that lump?

BTW, strange to see a split oval with upright lights.

I know it's probably a one piece GRP front. :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
veedubbya said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is that lump?

BTW, strange to see a split oval with upright lights.

I know it's probably a one piece GRP front. :D
Japanese rubbish :incheek: :D

The car is a 1970, the window was prob added.

·
Administrator
166,695 Posts
Scooby power! :D

Did you know . . . in 20 years or so of UK VW Drag Racing . . . no-one's managed to run a (backed-up) 'nine' in a floor-panned Type I or Type IV powered Bug?

Unbelievable really . . . but the odds are HEAVILY stacked against a car achieving this . . . the car, driver, track conditions, air temp/density all need to be just right . . .

Luke Theochari ran a 'nine' at North Weald seventeen years ago . . . but failed to back it up . . . then 15 years later Paul Hamilton did the same . . . 9.95 but no 'back up' run

Others have run really low 'tens' . . . but still no-one's managed a backed-up 'nine'

:)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive been speaking to him via email,trying to get him to bugjam .i mentioned this to brian at the agm .anyway if you look at his race dates he has bugjam as one of them :D :D

and that car runs 9`s all day long ,just not at pod :(

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
He had alot of problems getting off the line, he broke the beam, but then had trouble getting going... Once he went he was gone! Pulled like a train, caught the other guys up very quickly. Had some major stuff going on in the front of the car too, i was having a nosey while in scrutineering :D

He would of been a contender in Gas if he had managed to get off the line each time, really weird, very frustrating for him no doubts, nice bloke :)

:)

Adele

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
rrrrrr robert jongen car, used to run a 2.4 turbo type4, see he has left the fold and gone gay jap power. :coffeecup :D fuc paying to get into the pod this weekend its lashed it down since sunday morning, i live 2 mile from the pod was going up there to see this car but fook that with the weather at the mo , see ya @ bug jam.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I noticed Roger Crawford ran a 9.9 with a floorpan ghia at the bug-o-rama last weekend again he couldn't back it up.

This is a normally aspirated motor . Shawn Geers also had a new DKRC car out and ran a mid 10 N/A engine as well. No doubt he has his sights on a 9 sec record. His beetle looks the biz because it looks like a cal-looker not a race car.

The thought of a N/A bug/ghia floorpan car running a 9 is amazing I hate to think what sort of R and D and $ is in an engine like that.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Now that's what I call a photo.

So all I have to do is raise my compression and Bob's my uncle :incheek: :D :D

At the moment I'm running 120 over 85 and my wife said I haven't improved my top end for over 10 years. Although she is definately more a 1/4 mile woman than a NASCAR lady. :crazy: :D

·
Administrator
166,695 Posts
Flatfire said:
Now that's what I call a photo.

So all I have to do is raise my compression and Bob's my uncle :incheek: :D :D

At the moment I'm running 120 over 85 and my wife said I haven't improved my top end for over 10 years. Although she is definately more a 1/4 mile woman than a NASCAR lady. :crazy: :D
:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I saw it, only at 10pm on saturday evening though!!!!! Pod was well shit this weekend, me and my mate went down on saturday night, despite checking the weather and seeing that the wether was going to bad, but we went anyway in the hope we might catch a bit of racing.......................................................................................................................................................................................................Spent saturday night,sunday day and monday mornig in the car, i called it car jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts