Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys and gals,

it dont look like my 944 brakes are ever going to get here so iv decided to nock it on the head and go for something else but im not really sure what other options i have.
i want better braking power than what iv got at the moment (stock front disks and calipers and stock drum rear) on my 68. to be fair, if i replaced all the parts with new items they would be better, but i want improved stopping power because hopefully ill have close to 200bhp and will use my bug on the road as much as poss.

my ideas so far:
new stock calipers + disks front, CB kit rear
tarox front calipers + disks front, CB kit rear (v.expensive)
find some more 944 stuff for front and rear

i didnt want to spend more than £500-600 all together really...

you guys got any ideas?
mabbo

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
personally speaking I can lock the front end up on my 1303 and its got stock discs/calipers, so its more a point to address the rear brakes, it depends if your going to do circuit racing or something you`d want to upgrade the fronts for something aftermarket so you dont get brake fade, but its an improvement at the back you need IMPO. on my 1302s im fitting drum setup from a fastback on the back as the rear brakes on a fastback have the same braking area as that of the drums you find on the front of a beetle, its good enough for the front, it`ll be good enough for the back. If i had money to spend i`d probably go discs at the rear.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
7,988 Posts
sales pitch

i have a set of 4 944 iron calipers £100

i have a pair of rear 944 turbo 4 pot brembaloids £120

i have 1 early front 944 hub -bolt disc to back £35

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright pantswagen,
if u had another front hub id have prob had um off ya :( - how come u hav only got one?

think im gonna stick with the early 944 stuff... its just findin it now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts