Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE - 1997 Golf VR6 Highline - needs love:)

97P VR6 highline, clutch and or final drive tits up, so needs a clutch at least either way its an engine out job. i would do it but the usual long list of excuses - house to finish, bus to finish(well start:))etc etc
its a tidy motor apart from the gearbox/clutch,its 5 door, black, old skool bbs lattice alloys - all kerbed by the previous owner - a few stone chips, that bit of rust on the roofline by the windscreen (why do all golfs get that?) new rear tyres, fronts are both fecked (pokey V6:D) nice leather recaros, the highline has all the bells and whistles, leccy everything.
its been stood for about a year, i have started her regular and she runs nice, but i made the schoolboy error of leaving the handbrake on:stupid: so it will need freeing off.
my missus has been bending my ear to get shot of this for a while now so offers around the £600 mark
car is in plymouth devon
cheers
paul

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or!!!!!!!
i'd swap for some stuff;) either good stuff for a 62 splitty ie narrowed beam n spindles,or some sort of cheap ass on the road vee dub - any barely road legal bugs or t3s?????
taking the piss a bit i know but just widening the playing field:)

any sensible offers considered (and probably accepted)

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my missus would like a small automatic hatchback - sorta polo/micra sized thing - nasty soulless bit of modern hate but hey - i'll swap the vr6 for something along those lines - gotta keep 'er indoors happy;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested in this.

How many miles on the clock?

Any history?

What exactly happens when you try to put it into gear? And what is the worst case senario for the repairs?

I look forward to seeing the pics!

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
80 ish K
i've got some history but i've got no idea where it is - i'm im the middle of a lot of building work so i kinda living in 1 room
it will roll once the handbrakes freed up
the nsf tyre is a bit flat but it does hold air, like i said both fronts need changing anyway cuz they're both nearly bald

the front fog lamp isn't missing its a dummy where the towing eye screws in - i've got all the bits

sorry they aren't the greatest of photos but the sun wasn't playing

1 - 20 of 48 Posts