Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S reg VW Caddy 1.9 Sdi with a VW approved conversion for wheelchair access. Only 112 ever made and this is car number 1! The first one converted.

This has come in as a part ex at the garage I work at. It is set to go to the auctions but I've asked if it can be offered on VZI first.

It has a genuine 68,000 miles,service history, owned by a local lady since 1999 who we sold a new car too recently and used the car to transport her disabled daughter around for the last 12 years. My collegue has known this car from day 1, as her Dad owned the business that converted it!

Now it starts on the button but it is 13 years old so there are some scratches and age related marks and some bubbling on the rear arch, round the front upper window and by the drivers door. No holes though and it's motd till May next year.

I've been running round in it and its great on fuel. About 50mpg at least on a run.

Bad bits

No tax. It is on disabled taxation class so unless you are entitled to a free disc you will need to retax it at your local Dvla office.

The seats were professionally retrimmed when new, to match the rears. One of the rear seats is ripped at the side from the wheelchair going past and the rear window has been left open and water had leaked in a bit, I've removed the fabric just around the N/S rear window. All you'd need is a meter or 2 of grey fabric to retrim but it may not bother you as it's painted grey anyway.

Some rust as above but still looks presentable.

Clutch pedal is a bit sticky. Goes into every gear fine and doesn't jump out.

Good bits

All service books/vehicle wallet etc. Serviced regularly at the garage I work at.

Everything works

Lowered floor means you can stand up in the back-as long as you're under 5' 2''!.

Mot for 6 months

Rear pop out windows

Original Vw/Sony Radio/Cassette

Very reliable

Very clean cab area

Electric winch in the back- about £850 new!

2 keys

Good tyres and mechanicals, recent front disks

Proper combi version Caddy with factory plastic panelling similar to Caravelle.

4 seats and a ramp. Great economical parts hauler and great for tip runs/ motorbikes/scooters. Or even wheelchairs.

1 owner since '99. Was a demo for Invatravel conversions before that.

So, grab yourself a super economical, handy 4 seater Caddy for the winter. It's all trimmed out and there's loads of space in the back.

The car is in Merseyside. If no one wants this within 2 weeks it will be sent to an online Auction at the beginning of December.

£1000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts