Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my drop spindles came through but I need new link pin bushes (and bearings)

Spoke to cool air and they don't do them, they said I'd need to get a king pin set (or something like that, which we don't want). Any way, my question is, does anyone know where I can get some of these bloody, pain in-the-ass bushes?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i have just done mine i got my bits from german and swedish but like said above you will need to get them reamed so u might as well do the whole lot while you have it stripped just remember how many shims come from the kink pins as you will have to put that amount back when you rebuild it and do not lose the little crush washer when you strip it down as i dont think you can get them.just be methodical about it and sort your bits how you take them out. good luck

·
Highly Respected Member
13,559 Posts
You don't need a reamer or hydraulic press to fit link pin bushes - that's only for doing the king pin.

You can press the link pin bushes in & out quite easily with the right size socket and an ordinary vice. They don't need reaming afterwards.

Dave.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr.Whippy said:
You don't need a reamer or hydraulic press to fit link pin bushes - that's only for doing the king pin.

You can press the link pin bushes in & out quite easily with the right size socket and an ordinary vice. They don't need reaming afterwards.

Dave.
Yes! I remember only too well about reaming. Had to do mine after getting the damn thing out (coz i fitted it unreamed :eek: )

Its the little buggers above I need (not the actual long things) but the bushes around them - and cool air sent the link pins but told me bushes don't come with it, which is seems bloody stupid to me!)

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moby5153 said:
A link pin kit comprises of all the parts shown in your pic, they all come together.
Not so my friend! Got mine from cool air and when Lee rang and spoke to them re' the missing parts, he was told they come with the King pin kit :eek: Now what the devil is all that about?

We spoke to Volkspares who are going to find out what their kit consists of and ring us back Monday. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moby5153 said:
Believe whoever you like.........I really don't mind.
ummm, this isn't about having to believe anyone, I have the bloody box in my front room. There were no bearings or sleeves! Perhaps you should go and work for coolair then you could make sure that everything that is needed to replace the link pins are included, that way, I could get my van back on the road :)

p.s. where are the sets in your picture from because I am sending mine back and need those!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not mine...but then being female, I may be wrong and cool air may be wrong too :D

Anyway, you aint helping me in the least so :incheek:

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
krissy said:
Anyway, you aint helping me in the least so :incheek:
?!?

has anyone else posted pictures of the exact parts youre looking for?!

see the bit in his avatar where it says "highly respected member" "tech guru" etc.. seen that on anyone elses?!...

maybe if you gave accurate info and used a little tact... you could be :incheek: helped?!

bus king and link sets are available in the u.k. ... but far more readily elsewhere...

secretsquirrel - bug king and links are pretty easy to get hold of.. if thats what you need...

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
qwan said:
?!?

has anyone else posted pictures of the exact parts youre looking for?!

see the bit in his avatar where it says "highly respected member" "tech guru" etc.. seen that on anyone elses?!...

maybe if you gave accurate info and used a little tact... you could be :incheek: helped?!

bus king and link sets are available in the u.k. ... but far more readily elsewhere...

secretsquirrel - bug king and links are pretty easy to get hold of.. if thats what you need...
Oooooo, get you! I'm not disputing his knowledge, I just didn't take kindly to the insinuation that I may be telling fibs with regards to what my kit included.

I think I made myself pretty clear, stating that It's not the link pins I need but the bearings/sleeves. The only thing I omitted was that it was for my van

With your regards to secretsquirrels post, we have the Van link pin kit but it didn't come with the bearings and sleeves. Cool air stopped supplying those apparently but hopefully, we'll have luck with Volkspares

p.s. Moby, if I took your response the wrong way, sorry :)

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
krissy said:
..... I just didn't take kindly to the insinuation that I may be telling fibs with regards to what my kit included.
p.s. Moby, if I took your response the wrong way, sorry :)
There were no insinuations, it's all in your mind.
I was attempting to explain that a kit comes complete, not in 'half-kits'. If your supplier doesn't have the full kits he shouldn't try to sell you just the bits he has and give you the excuse that the parts you need come in another kit.
You did take my response the wrong way, but I don't care. :)

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moby5153 said:
There were no insinuations, it's all in your mind.
I was attempting to explain that a kit comes complete, not in 'half-kits'. If your supplier doesn't have the full kits he shouldn't try to sell you just the bits he has and give you the excuse that the parts you need come in another kit.
You did take my response the wrong way, but I don't care. :)
Thats two of us then. Think I'll stick to posts about what music i'm listening to etc in the future :coffeecup

·
Registered
6 Posts
What the..!?!

I too have just purchased a T2 Link pin set from Cool Air. looked on the delivery invoice and it states 'No bearings or sleeves in box' They failed to mention this on their website or on any previous correspondence to me. The picture on the site (http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?id=10369) clearly shows the sleeves and bearings on the pins. Gave them a call and they said that they have changed supplier who doesn't include the sleeves and bearings.?. When you buy a set you expect it to come with everything to complete the job! This is like buying a car without any wheels! :mad:
The guy said that the bearings would be about £10 each (Ouch!) Didn't bother asking about the sleeves!
They are going to give me a full refund, including the post back to them, so it's not too bad, just a bit misleading.
Heritage don't supply them complete either so I have tried Machine7; out of stock (very helpful, but a bit expensive) they are going to call me Monday. Also trying BBT's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts