Volkszone Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Not getting a lot of time on it, but want to get it finished for the club stand at Stanford Hall. Been sorting the dash wiring, started building up the doors and torturing the mrs by getting her to help fit the glass (her most hated job after bleeding brakes). Next on the list: quarter lights to paint and door handles to put some rekeyed barrels in to match the ignition

20190226_214215 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr
I bought my wife some nice glass suckers and a pair of rigger gloves .....
Still not happy helping with glass though,

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,140 Posts
Was this sprayed by TYS bodyshop or yourself? Haven't decided yet whether I'll spray my own projects this time around or farm it out. Wouldn't mind a review on them if they have sprayed it (PM if you feel that's better).

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Was this sprayed by TYS bodyshop or yourself? Haven't decided yet whether I'll spray my own projects this time around or farm it out. Wouldn't mind a review on them if they have sprayed it (PM if you feel that's better).
Na, not me. Chassis are about as far as I go.
Ty did it. He's the dogs whatsis with paint. Really happy with it

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,140 Posts
Mind if I ask the price? (PM if you want).

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Lots of family stuff going on plus marks and a mk2 golf so not a lot of progress.

Lights on, more black trim and engine in after a midnight session.
They either pop straight in or fight you all the way, this one was the latter, but all in now and no scratches anywhere :)

20190403_221204 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr
20190403_221311 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Engine mocked up to stick on the club stand at the NEC show.
20181107_000859 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

20190407_232748 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
A bit more tinkering on this finally.

Doors built up after filling with waxoyl.

20200412_211645 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Standard part of the wiring finished off. Manky fuse box replaced for a spare. Got to run some speaker cables then carpet can go in.

20200408_143242 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Exhaust next. Probably a 4-1 and either a quiet pack or tuckaway out of the loft.

and something to maintain the grinder fix

20200409_195935 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
£20 bargain from Stanford Hall a few years ago
Nice i do love a bargain and chasing parts
My 03 fuse box was the same probably from a leak in the fresh air box or screen dripping down ? think the quality of the materials used must have changed, my t25 Lucas style blade connectors are all falling apart as well seems the brass/copper ? Has just become brittle
Car looks really good but the fastback your building is absolutely stunning !
I've just tried fitting a few different wheels to my 03 but getting nowhere fast

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Thanks. The fasty is a keeper. Wheels can take a while. Originally my mate had the full porsche set up for this with cup 1's.

Got speaker wires run, a bit of floor insulation and new carpet in.
Front seats in (mk3 golf), need to make the rear.

I did have a modern style aftermarket steering wheel to go on, which was all going fine until I popped it on and realised I couldn't see anything above 30mph on the speedo :rolleyes: I debated modifying the column support bracket and the bottom of the dash to raise it 1cm which would have done it but found a moto lita wheel, so repainted that instead. Think I prefer it tbh, the black looks better than silver.

20200511_193801 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

20200511_193827 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Custom dash panel next on the list.

The eagle-eyed will have noticed no gearstick. Need to replace the shaft in the tunnel as it's too short first. Suspect it's been chopped for the porsche gearbox originally, but don't want to cut the carpet for the empi gearshift until I've sorted that and checked the shifter works

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
18,073 Posts
Looking great .
Did you do the headlining yet ?
If so please post pics as I need to pick ideas from it , as I have no idea how a base headlining fits in

41 - 60 of 69 Posts