Volkszone Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Looking great .
Did you do the headlining yet ?
If so please post pics as I need to pick ideas from it , as I have no idea how a base headlining fits in
Base models that didn't cover the B or C pillar posts are held in just as the early Bugs. You still have metal rods used as bows to support the headliner in 3 or 4 places but the edges have strips of fibreboard swen and glued to the headliner edges. This then pops over the metal lip of the roofs inner support channels.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
18,073 Posts
Danke .

I’ll take a look some google images as I’m too lazy to look at my bug :lol:

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looking great .
Did you do the headlining yet ?
If so please post pics as I need to pick ideas from it , as I have no idea how a base headlining fits in
ta. It's getting there slowly.
They didnt do them for 03's so getting a trimmer mate to do that, although it's only the very front that's different.
As above for the description though

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
A few small bits of progress.

Blue led strip in the speedo to match the blue digital gauges for the dash. £8 for 4 strips off ebay and one is pretty much the perfect size for a bug speedo.

20200523_235144 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

No plate on which reminds me I need to roll it out and wash off all the dust.

20200601_192832 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr. Pity the holes were already drilled in the engine lid and I didn't notice, not level, twitch.

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Been stuck in the back of the garage under a load of dust whilst other things have got in the way. Rolled it out yesterday and gave it a good clean and did a few bits.

Smoothed bumpers on, door handles, running boards.

20210323_160338 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

20210323_160443 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Next on the list - exhaust and pop the distributor drive shaft in

61 - 69 of 69 Posts