Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive recently fitted an empi shifter in my 76 bay. trouble im having is changing from 3rd to 2nd sometimes slips into reverse and grinds the cogs without lifting the reverse lever. has anyone had this problem or know how to resolve this. i have moved it left ,right, backwards, forwards but its still dodgey.
thanks for any views,Dan

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the directions for the empi shifter it has its own plate built in so the old plate is not used

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
bully365 said:
on the directions for the empi shifter it has its own plate built in so the old plate is not used
OK, best ignore my last comment then :lol:

The only thing i can think of, is that the little pin that sticks out the side of the round ball ( on the bottom end of the gear stick ) is too short.
All this empi stuff is really cheap nasty crap :( Personally i wouldn't bother with it.
I've had one before where the pin was too long & no matter where you located the base it would only select two gears.
I took it back & had a look at a few others (of the same kind) & all the pins were different lengths :rolleyes:
So i guess its pretty hit & miss wether you get one that works properly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
have you replaced the Shifter Coupling i had an empi shifter that caused me nothing but hassle until i replaced the coupling you won't belive the difference it makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts