Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
Ping said:
Hi, i've just bought a second hand crank case and crank for my t2 bay window, the engine is a 1300 case, will this go in my van? what size pistons can i put on? and what size should the holes on the block be where the con rods go through because my 1641 barrels are a loose fit? Any help would be great thanks.
What's the Engine number ? (in particular, the prefix letter code), of this secondhand "1300" case ? That will determine what size the holes for the barrels are / should be, and what size barrels can be fitted.

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
818 Posts
it has AR and some munbers stamped on the right case half. my bay is a 1972 and had an engine with the code AS on it before it blew up. Any help would be great as its pretty new to me.

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
OK, AR is a 1974 - 1975 "twin hotspot" 1300. lt should fit in the hole where your AS 1600 engine once lived. The AR case should also accept 1641 Barrels, (unless the barrels have been machined down to fit an earlier engine). You will need a pair of 1600 cylinder heads, (are you salvaging these from your old engine ?) Hope that helps.

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
818 Posts
Ok thats good thanks. Is it a common for barrels to be machined down to fit? What size should the holes be? I will be re-using the cylinder heads as i,ve crack tested them and they look good.

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
The Holes in the case for the cylinders should be 90 mm diameter, (All T1 cases after 1970, earlier 1200 cases had 87 mm holes).
The holes in the Heads should be 92 mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts