Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was hopeing someone in here could give us a bit of advice?

I need a gearbox for my oval am running a 2180cc with 48's etc the gearbox it had in was a standard 1300 box swing alxe out of a 65 which has now got a broken diff

I was looking for a pro street style box to replace it, with a long 4th for motorway cruising

ghia57 has got one for sale he says its a good condition second user perforemance box, 1500 ratios, with beefadiff, hd sideplate 4 x spider gears with long 4th for the motor way £700

I never bought i perforemance box before so i was woundering if this was a good box for my car at a fare price ?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Your so kind Jamie...

The beef-a-diff is an old school way of turning a stock 2 spider diff into a 4 spider diff without using/buying a new diff housing. These are not as good as a propper super 4 spider diff, but probably come a close second.

This box should be good enough for your needs, likewise with the rancho boxes supplied by VWspeedshop. As for cost? I don't really want to comment of others selling prices, you just need to decide if the savings made buying a second hand one are worth not having a new one.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.