Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
benjyhas said:
That the origional colour? If so, snap!!

^^My '71 1200 model bug, slightly too rotten for it's own good, undergoing renovation, and originally brilliant orange:D

Sounds familir I'll bet...

You sure you don't want to buy my old bonnet? Scrape back the silver paint, ignore the rust, and you wont even have to spray it:incheek::D

Glad you're returning its uprightness too, I have to admit to buying some slopers and a long decklid for my bug before I saw the light:hangloose

Good luck!!

Oh, and you're a braver man than me if you do keep it orange:D

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Amazing, this thread's turning into a brilliant orange '71 1200 appreciation thread:D:D

Mine wont be staying that way tho, but this thread will certainly satisfy my curiosity about what it would have looked like if I did go with it's original colour.....
I might have to leave a tiny patch of OG colour under some carpet, somwhere inconspicuous, just to remind me of it's roots:cool:

Thanks for the kind words on me 'resto' by the way peoples:hangloose... Although I do have to say, most if it's been down to just ripping it apart then thinking "shit, I'd better fix this or I'm screwed":D. My number one bit of advice to anyone thinking about doing this kind of thing for the first time would be somthing allong the lines of that.. If you see somthing nasty, just get stuck in and cut it out. Then it's no longer a question of if you're doing a resto, but when:D

You learn prety fast too, when your beloved money pit's sitting on the drive in bits:lol:

By the way, what's model's yours 1584? Are you one of the lucky few to gain access to the elusive "'71 1200 model brilliant orange (or mango green over brilliant orange) beetle owners club"??

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
benjyhas said:
John, by the time you've got your car ready for paint me and the rest of the 1970, 1200 orange crew are going to have convinced you to join our exclusive club! Come on, take the car back to its roots! ;) :D

Ben :hangloose
Never!!!
:incheek:

I don't think I'm man enough to drive an orange car:D

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Quality progress:hangloose

Whoever's doing all this, they certianly don't hang about:D

At this pace you might have it finished before mine's done:eek:

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
benjyhas said:
Hey John! Good to hear from you!

The guys doing it-www.dubmonkeys.co.uk (a wee bit of advertising! ;) ) really are awesome. I can't thank them enough! Really nice guys and genuine good quality work!
Thing is all the welding and paint will be done soonish but it wont be finished for ages and ages yet!

Keep up the good work John, your thread is addictive!!

Ben
Cheers dude:hangloose

It's time for as crackdown tho....

There's no 'h' in Jon!!!

:tick:;):D

I do seem to remember you getting it right once or twice tho:D

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Holy crap they work fast:D

What's the plan for it then, after the metal's all sorted?

Painting it straight away?

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Top stuff:hangloose

Quite like that coral red colour in the pic by the way....
Although that's probably because it's the least orangey orange I've seen:D

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
OH MY GOD!! Do they ever sleep?!?!?!

That's coming on soo fast:D

It'lll be done before mine:eek:

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Holy crap, it's nearly in primer?!??!?!!??!?!?!?! Incredible!!
:D

I saw that coral red bug you were talking about before at Tatton park yesterday.. If you're thinking of using it, you should know that it looks a lot more pink in real life than in the pics!!! It's not really even an orange or a red, more of a salmon colour:D

Good stuff tho, this thing'll be done in no time!!!!

:hangloose

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Oh my god Ben you lucky sonofabitch, you must be so feckin excited!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wishing I could work as fast as these guys, that realy is impressive:D

I've been sanding myself round in circles recently, I can't wait to get the primer on:bandit:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.