Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
The car is definately staying orange. I figured since the old boy's been this colour for 36 years why change it now! Besides, how many orange cars do you see on the road?!

Ben
Good choice on the colour, I'm keeping mine orange too :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Jonofdoom said:
By the way, what's model's yours 1584? Are you one of the lucky few to gain access to the elusive "'71 1200 model brilliant orange (or mango green over brilliant orange) beetle owners club"??
No mines a 1300, euoropa bumpers etc... Hmmm, club L20B... :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
See I was only joking before about therebeing enough late '70, 1200 orange cars to make a line up but who knows ey?! :D

Love your polished wheels by the way! Remember having a convo with you a while ago about them. Any pictures of them on the car yet?! :)

Ben :hangloose
Weldings finished, now waiting for prep. and paint. So the wheels arn't on yet. I'll put some pics up when it's all finished. Like the idea of an orange car line up :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
I've got five books of colour charts to look through over the next few days so hopefully soon the shade of orange should be decided!

Decided on that colour yet! Looks like yours is at a similar stage to mine :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
So, 1584, have you decided on a colour? Shame you can't get some photo's on here so we can have a look! :) Cant wait to see those wheels of yours on the car! :)

Yup, I've decided to keep it the original orange colour (L20B) :D

Started a thread here

Orange '71

so you'll soon see the colour :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
I popped down this morning and quite a lot of the paint prep has been done!! Hopefully over the next few days I'll be popping down and helping rub the body down, which should be interested as I'm left handed and my left hand and forearm are in a plastic splint due to my stupid surfing injury. :rolleyes:
Best make up your mine about the colour of paint then :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
Hey buddy! Well......I'm fairly sure about the colour, not certian but pretty sure! I think it's going to be the brighter DuPont tonner orange on the German Folks car in that issue of Volksworld I showed you guy s a few days back!

Going to take it down to DubMonkeys and theyre going to try and match it up for me!

Hopefully in primer next week so to coat wont be long after that!! :D

Sounds like it'll be bright then :cool: The L20B has gone onto mine now, needs flatting and polishing now I believe :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.