Not open for further replies.
221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
virgobugs said:
Whats the latest mate, Looking sweet!!!
Hey dude, nice to hear from you! How's things?! Haven't seen that cab running around Saltash, what's the deal?! Is it getting there? As for what's the news, the engine may be ok after all! After compressing a valve, the pushrod seems to have popped into place. I'm still a bit anxious though, just in case there's a weakness there that might rear its ugly head again. Still, the engine does have a 12 month warrenty so if it does go wrong I shall have something to fall back on.

who? said:
Ben, Have had an absolute ball reading this thread. My tea went cold!

Great pictures and an inspirational journey....I am planning a mild resto on my Orange 1970 '1500' bug this summer....at least thats the plan, body has to come off to repair parts of the floor pan but hey!!

She was my first car all of 16 years ago and could tell some stories RTTS 93!! etc etc.

ORANGE rules............! Small ones ARE! more juicy....he he...enjoy
Dude, thank you soo much for your kind words! It's great to know people are still coming across this thread and finding it interesting! You'll have to make sure you get some photos of your cars resto on here! ;)

maxrox85 said:
All looking good honey, right shame about the engine though:( Never mind, eh, you'll get there! as for the T bars could have saved you £22 there;) after my crash(s) i have decided that my ugly as beans europas are staying put, no matter how low and shiney hen is:)They saved him!!:eek:

Just had an email from Phil, Hens previous owner and he's shed some more light on His history which is interesting. jobs to do before the year is out...1.get a proper pink liscence and 2. send off for Henrys history from DVLA. By the way, whats the beef with Tiggy's interior?

Hope you're both well and all we must catch up soon
Rox, how many crashes have you had?!! :eek:
As for the history of my car, for you people who don't know, I wrote off to the DVLA to get a list of all the previous owners. I got a list of thirteen people!! The first person to ever own my car was a doctor!! So......I knew it'd be a long shot but I wrote a letter, explaining my situation, owning the car as long as I have, the resto work carried out on it and a few photos of how it's looking now, and sent the letters to all the previous owners!
Ten weeks later I have no replies from owners :( A couple of really nice people wrote back and said how sorry they were that they couldn't help with my search but that's it!

As for the interior, Rochelle, there is no problem that I am aware of, other than the van actually has nothing in it! :lol:
Helena is very well thanks! Must catch up soon! :hug:

Ben :)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
lil jimmy said:
ben just looked at how many veiws your threads had and its 25,000
shit the bed!! :eek: i thought it was just us tavi boys and a few plymouth foreign types!! :lol:
Jimmy, pop round and we'll sort out your Berg shifter! ;)

Shamrockez said:
And some Bristolians ;)
maxrox85 said:
an' some from up north:D

well.... so he says :tick:
Evening everyone!! It is crazy to think this thread has been looked at 25,000 times!! Nice to know that people other than me and my direct VW posse are interested in what's going on, especially two lovely ladies like Lucy and little northern Rochelle! The car's still a fair old way form bein finished to!! Mind you, is any resto ever really finished?! I'm hoping the car will be pretty much as I want it by my birthday (March!). Keep watching this space, time will tell!

Ben :hangloose

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
1584cc said:
This mean the car will be at the VolksWorld show :)
I really really hope so! I've never before been to the Volksworld show so it'd be a great one to aim for! It's just a matter of whether or not I can afford to do everything by then! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the beam narrowed by then! As I said, time will tell ;)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
FireDancer said:
Phew, glad you found it early. Are you going to be able to sort it out, or is there a new one on the way to you?
Well Seth, after compressing the valve manually, the pushrod seems to have snapped into place so there's nothing visually wrong with the motor! Bit annoying really as in theory, there's nothing wrong with the engine now but I am worried about there being a defect there. Still, the motor has 12months warrenty so if it does go wrong, it'll be straight back out and on its way back to German Fredish Swench ;)

Ben

221 - 224 of 224 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.