Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hey john!

Yeah, the body roller's awesome. Merv built the entire roller himself so I'm told. He's one clever chap! It makes everything so accessable!
I probably wont be popping down again till wednesday or so now so maybe there will be more developments by then!

The sun's shining today John, get your arse outside and get started on that bug!

Ben :)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey people!

Mini update for you. The welds holding the remains of the rear cross member sections have been drilled out and the sections removed:

The new cross member sections should be let in shortly, then the heater channels after that. Should all happen relatively soon now! Watch this space! :D

Still don't think it'll be reading in time for Bug Jam though! ;)

:hangloose Ben

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey everyone! :)

Well it's been a while since my last update!
Just before I went off to Bug Jam for the weekend I popped down to see how the car was looking.
At last the removal of all the rust seems to have come to an end and it's finally time to start letting in some fresh metal.

Last time I saw the car it was on the body roler with lots of sections missing. This time I went down to find the rear chassis members in place, the heater channels spotted in and the lower bulkhead section behind the pedals all perfectly in place! :D

The car had even been dropped back on the pan to see if it remotely lined up which wasn't perfect but was not far off! :)

A few pictures for you all! :

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
last_triumph said:
Who's front bulkhead panel is that?

Is it just the outer skin, or is it the internal double skin also.

What was the quality like, and did it fit well?
hey dude! been watching your thread! hows it going now?! :)

The entire double skin has been replaced. I didnt order the section so I'll have to double check where it came from. From what i know the fit is pretty good. I'll have a better look for u when I pop down tomorrow and I'll get back to you! ;)

Ben :hangloose

·
Premium Member
44,481 Posts
Cheers, would be great if you could?

Everyone is telling me to patch it up as the repair panels are crap...

Could you find out where it was from and look to see if there are any wrinkles in the pressing etc and the general quality?

Thanks loads!

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Quality progress:hangloose

Whoever's doing all this, they certianly don't hang about:D

At this pace you might have it finished before mine's done:eek:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey Jon! Good to hear from you!

The guys doing it-www.dubmonkeys.co.uk (a wee bit of advertising! ;) ) really are awesome. I can't thank them enough! Really nice guys and genuine good quality work!
Thing is all the welding and paint will be done soonish but it wont be finished for ages and ages yet!

Keep up the good work Jon, your thread is addictive!!

Ben

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
benjyhas said:
Hey John! Good to hear from you!

The guys doing it-www.dubmonkeys.co.uk (a wee bit of advertising! ;) ) really are awesome. I can't thank them enough! Really nice guys and genuine good quality work!
Thing is all the welding and paint will be done soonish but it wont be finished for ages and ages yet!

Keep up the good work John, your thread is addictive!!

Ben
Cheers dude:hangloose

It's time for as crackdown tho....

There's no 'h' in Jon!!!

:tick:;):D

I do seem to remember you getting it right once or twice tho:D

21 - 40 of 509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.