Not open for further replies.
501 - 509 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
lil jimmy said:
ben just looked at how many veiws your threads had and its 25,000
shit the bed!! :eek: i thought it was just us tavi boys and a few plymouth foreign types!! :lol:
Jimmy, pop round and we'll sort out your Berg shifter! ;)

Shamrockez said:
And some Bristolians ;)
maxrox85 said:
an' some from up north:D

well.... so he says :tick:
Evening everyone!! It is crazy to think this thread has been looked at 25,000 times!! Nice to know that people other than me and my direct VW posse are interested in what's going on, especially two lovely ladies like Lucy and little northern Rochelle! The car's still a fair old way form bein finished to!! Mind you, is any resto ever really finished?! I'm hoping the car will be pretty much as I want it by my birthday (March!). Keep watching this space, time will tell!

Ben :hangloose

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
1584cc said:
This mean the car will be at the VolksWorld show :)
I really really hope so! I've never before been to the Volksworld show so it'd be a great one to aim for! It's just a matter of whether or not I can afford to do everything by then! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the beam narrowed by then! As I said, time will tell ;)

·
Lord Von Hannover
20,583 Posts
FireDancer said:
Did you set the valve gabs before you ran the engine for the first time?
i was setting them when i found the problem with the valve/lifter... engine's not been run as yet chap...

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
FireDancer said:
Phew, glad you found it early. Are you going to be able to sort it out, or is there a new one on the way to you?
Well Seth, after compressing the valve manually, the pushrod seems to have snapped into place so there's nothing visually wrong with the motor! Bit annoying really as in theory, there's nothing wrong with the engine now but I am worried about there being a defect there. Still, the motor has 12months warrenty so if it does go wrong, it'll be straight back out and on its way back to German Fredish Swench ;)

Ben

501 - 509 of 509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.