Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, as many of you will probably know now. I've had a thread in 'readers rides' on my bugs resto for a large part of 2006! The thread's now been locked as it's hit 500+ posts!
I figured since I've been boring you all with the details of what's been going on for so long already, I may as well start another thread and finish off the story.
If anyone wants to find out more detail about the resto, go to my first thread-

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=276711

Here's a quick recap of what has happened to the car over the past year:

The day it all begun:

Some idea of the previous bodge work that had been done on the car:

This was the day the body came off and I really thought "what the fook am I doing?!:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And then there was orange.........

Unfortuantely these photos were taken on a camera phone and really don't do the colour or the quality of the paint justice!!

Then it was time for me to clean up the chassis:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is pretty much how she looks today:

VZi's own Mr Paul Weeding hard at work:

And this is about to go back in :

Got some nice bits coming for it, like my oatmeal carpet set which father Christmas is hopefully going to be brining me! Oh and my stainless T bars which have arrived today! Also hopefully going to buy a nice Berg shifter off of lil_jimmy on here once Christmas is over!

Baby Burner wheels hopefully at the beginning of the year if I can find some! If not it'll be a set of repro gas burners and a nice cal-look rake! ;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beetleragtop said:
Looks like an easy job when you put all the pics together!!

:incheek:

Ill get my coat!!
:tick: :tick: :tick:

I was just thinking that flicking through all the photos! It's amazing how simple it all seems when all the photos are put together! I'm looking forward to getting my motor in so I can rag it round the block a few times! :D

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Ooooh.... part 2! :cool:

Time to get it to a useable state now buddy! ;)

Maybe I should start a thread for my van... although I'm not sure it'll meet up to your high standards! :lol:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the vyxster said:
Ooooh.... part 2! :cool:

Time to get it to a useable state now buddy! ;)

Maybe I should start a thread for my van... although I'm not sure it'll meet up to your high standards! :lol:
Tell me about it! Like I said on my last thread, I really want the car on the road for my birthday ideally (Mid March!).

Course you should start a thread for your van!! Show these people what Mr Weeding is capeable of creating!! ;)

beetleragtop said:
Its been a serious slog, loved the first thread cant wait to see it finished and in the flesh!!

:D
Dude, thanks a lot! Always nice to know people have enjoyed the thread! It'll never be a show car but hopefully a nice tidy car that should last for a good few years! ;)

Ben

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1584cc said:
Kinky Micks got a set of burners advertised on his website

http://www.kinkymickshappywheelshack.com/index.html
mmmm....seen these before but they were £500 last time I checked! That price tag is much more appealing!! ;) Just sent Mick an e-mail! Lets just hope they're still for sale after Christmas! Thanks for the tip, 1584cc!
Do you still have those polished Porsche 2 litres you had a while back?! Will they be gracing the four corners of your orange bug any time soon? :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
benjyhas said:
Do you still have those polished Porsche 2 litres you had a while back?! Will they be gracing the four corners of your orange bug any time soon? :)
I'm sure I'll find a space under each arch reserved for them ;)

Having a bit of a dilemma now though, as I've got a set of MAG industries wheels I'm refurbing as well.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1584cc said:
I'm sure I'll find a space under each arch reserved for them ;)

Having a bit of a dilemma now though, as I've got a set of MAG industries wheels I'm refurbing as well.
Hmmm.....an awkward decision for you! I always had a thing for your porsche 2 litres........... ;)

:lol:

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
benjyhas said:
Course you should start a thread for your van!! Show these people what Mr Weeding is capeable of creating!! ;)
AND what he can destroy?! :incheek:

I've got a feeling that it might be a slower resto than yours tho! :lol:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
moler said:
It just wouldn't be right not see the finish of this one :D
I'm not normally one for group hugs, but thanks, dude :hug:

the vyxster said:
AND what he can destroy?! :incheek:

I've got a feeling that it might be a slower resto than yours tho! :lol:
Don't worry about it, this resto of mine has been seven years in the making!! Remind the Weeding to get his arse around mine when he finishes work! If he getsa round for 5.15 he'll have a piping hot extra strong black offee with two sugars waiting for him :coffeecup

·
Lord Von Hannover
20,583 Posts
benjyhas said:
I'm not normally one for group hugs, but thanks, dude :hug:

Don't worry about it, this resto of mine has been seven years in the making!! Remind the Weeding to get his arse around mine when he finishes work! If he getsa round for 5.15 he'll have a piping hot extra strong black offee with two sugars waiting for him :coffeecup
not much hope of that dude... the final pieces of the engine turned up today... should have it ready to run by the middle of saturday...

when i left tonight (about 10) the bottom end is all bolted up, and the J pipes are adjusted and fitted to the heads.. :D

but if you drag the MK3 down to the shop, then i can do a diagnostic on it!! :p

1 - 20 of 530 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.