Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crikey, I NEVER thought I'd get round to part three! Asuming my old thread has been closed due to it hitting 500 posts.

Here's a quick recap but if you guys want to read in more detail about whats happened follow these links:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=276711

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=321762

A few pictures of where it's all come from:

Christmas 2005:

After two years of collecting parts it was ready to begin...

The reason I decided a resto was needed :eek: ....

Some quality repair work here :p ...

It starts.....

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
New motor....

And new tougher box....

And complete with MOT....

Obviously that's just a few of the HUNDREDS of photos of what's happened. A lot more has gone on. You'd think it was all finished by the time I'd achieved the MOT. So did I. But.......I always regretted not doing the clip with the rest of the car.

So, here's what I've been up to lately....

Inner wings all POR 15'd.....

And after struggling around on my own I finally got the beam back on and the first coat of primer onto the clip....

Car is going back to Dubmonkeys for the clip to be blown in next week so I need to get the wet and dry out and have the prep finished by April 1st :)

Ben :hangloose

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Part three eh dude, and I thought you had finished ;)

Front end looks good
So did I :lol: Oil pressure to sort still (which I'm working on but don't want to jinx by saying how), HiPacs to fit, midmount the gearbox, fit stereo and then I SHOULD be about done. Having said that I did say it'd be complete for Volksworld '07 :lol:

End of April I think bud.
25-27th :)
Will speak to my new boss next week and see if I'll be working. You going to be there, Mr Matt Black? :)

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Part 3 eh... I like your style:D

I now have the little 'you have posted on this thread' arrow next to the thread title. Can't see any pics or anything though, as my internets are conspiring against me. Hence my rather useless contribution to the thread so far.

Have a "woo" anyhows:
Woo:D

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cheers again boys :)

Nothing particularly interesting to report. Spent the last couple of days getting everything sorted before it gets its nose blown in on Tuesday. Finally it's all painted and wet and dried down and waiting to go

It only needs to go about 800 yards up the road to Dubmonkeys so I'm going to drive up like this, hopefully it'll be ok ;) Saves me getting it there and then having to disassemble it all again!

Also hopefully some good news on the high oil pressure situation. I took the pressure gauge off of one of the old spray guns I found in the workshop. Luckily the thread matched perfectly the thread where the oil pressure sender switch screws into the case. I screwed it in there and started up the motor, reved the car so the gauge in the car was reading 100psi at about 3000rpms. The gauge attached to the case was reading about 40psi. I'm hoping that all this time the gauge miht be out rather than the engine actually having super high pressure! :D

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Inner wings look nice bud, are they staying black??

I would defo check that gauge out, 100PSI :eek: That would chuck oil everywhere wouldn't it?
A few people have asked me about the inner wings. After a bit of work they did come up better than I thought they would :) Could paint them orange and have thought about it. But I want to be able to drive the car and not worry about it all the time. The POR 15 is durable and looks pretty tidy so I think black will be the way forward!

Oilwise, yea I've been expecting the oil cooler to explode which it hasn't! I'm hoping the sender location is my problem. I have an adaptor thingy coming from SSP which will allow me to mount the sender unit on the oil pressure switch - i.e. after the pressure release valve which should give me a better reading. Fingers crossed this will solve my probs :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I like them black and I know what you mean about painting them body colour, I have spent a great deal of time running that scenario through my head. At the moment I'm going with paint them and just put up with blowing them in every couple of years :crazy: The car won't be a daily and will live inside in the dry so it should be fine.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like them black and I know what you mean about painting them body colour, I have spent a great deal of time running that scenario through my head. At the moment I'm going with paint them and just put up with blowing them in every couple of years :crazy: The car won't be a daily and will live inside in the dry so it should be fine.
A good friend of mine had lovely painted inner wings. Everytime we were in it and you could hear things flicking up and hitting them it made both of us cringe. It'd drive me mad! Besides, your cars going to be too good to drive anyway so get the red paint out ;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was primer....

Then there was paint....

Only one photo I've taken so far but I'll get more tomorrow. I'm really happy with the outcome ;)

I'll get it all assembled and some photos tomorrow :hangloose

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.