Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Would like to go as low as possible without too many problems. I'm going to use bluebird adjuster (upto 6") and stock steel wheels and stock tyres.

From your experience, is there a lot more problems going 2 splines on the back? I don't plan on raking it either.

Any advice would be nice

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
i could be wrong but i thought that the bluebird adjuster only went on the top tube meaning lowering is limited and if you go too low on the top tube it puts stress on the bottom? I would imagin that 2 splines on that method would end up with the bus sloping down towards the rear a little. So i would only go one spline. I have just welded in adjusters on both tubes on my beam and have gone 2 splines at the rear and on its lowest setting it sits dead level.

Hope this helps.

Craig.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Craig,

I was planning on having the bottom beam adjusted to to relieve the stress on it as well. Do you have any problems with ride height on yours?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
as said..thee adjuster that you have opted for is not the best IMO!

i used one to drop my crewie down...you will not get 6"'s! maybe 4.

maine was 'level on this adjust and 2 splines at the rear.

for your money mate go for the Avis style adjusters.both top and bottom tubes have them(less strain) and they lock in alot better!

the only thing about going down 2 splines at the rear is tyre changing.but after a few goes you will soon master that

Any help you need mate just ask :)

Ps id advice shorter shocks and going down a few tyre profile sizes.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vdubsmudge said:
as said..thee adjuster that you have opted for is not the best IMO!

i used one to drop my crewie down...you will not get 6"'s! maybe 4.

maine was 'level on this adjust and 2 splines at the rear.

for your money mate go for the Avis style adjusters.both top and bottom tubes have them(less strain) and they lock in alot better!

the only thing about going down 2 splines at the rear is tyre changing.but after a few goes you will soon master that

Any help you need mate just ask :)

Ps id advice shorter shocks and going down a few tyre profile sizes.
Cheers smudge, much appreciated - lets see what happens!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts