Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be on Radio Cornwall tomorrow Lawernce Reed to speak about what a bunch of [email protected]@ers Kerrier District Council are and continue to be towards us
PFM yesterday
Atlantic FM today
Radio Cornwall tomorrow
World domination Friday
Autographs Sat :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
us is the residents where we live put a thread up yesterday about our Pelican crossing demonstration we did yeaterday

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Kerrier Planning have a long history of being wankers. "Never be allowed to build that in Kerrier" was a family catchphrase if we saw something unusual away from home.

Most recent one we got involved in was my parents' house. No 3 of 5 in an exclusive development of individual houses in Helston they had to paint it white to match 2 and 4, hardly individual. 1 & 5 are painted. We pointed out to the council that once it was signed off we could re-paint it any colour we felt like and they agreed but insisted it had to be white to be signed off!

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,408 Posts
ginga said:
Kerrier Planning have a long history of being wankers. "Never be allowed to build that in Kerrier" was a family catchphrase if we saw something unusual away from home.

Most recent one we got involved in was my parents' house. No 3 of 5 in an exclusive development of individual houses in Helston they had to paint it white to match 2 and 4, hardly individual. 1 & 5 are painted. We pointed out to the council that once it was signed off we could re-paint it any colour we felt like and they agreed but insisted it had to be white to be signed off!
Yep that is Kerrier.

·
Registered
944 Posts
dont get me started on council planning! we have an awesome sea view... in front of which they are letting 46 homes be built infront of, even though its on a green field site and outside the village border.

were not allowed an extension or a conservatory... i should have asked for 46 houses :tick:

unless your surname is something like trevellyan or you play golf on the same day they do then nothing gets done in anyones favour...

....rant over

all i'll say is fight the power my friend!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Backside 360 said:
all i'll say is fight the power my friend!
Cheers have done another road side protest but not causing the traffic chaos we did yesterday West Briton photographer came down so in papers again tomorrow.
Reseidents on the 1st March were promised a meeting then again 15th of this month and thus far we have no date despite numerous letters and emails.
I think they thought we'd shut up, but they didn't bank on the power of the people.
Next is Parish Council meeting 21st June

·
Registered
944 Posts
thebetterhalf said:
Cheers have done another road side protest but not causing the traffic chaos we did yesterday West Briton photographer came down so in papers again tomorrow.
Reseidents on the 1st March were promised a meeting then again 15th of this month and thus far we have no date despite numerous letters and emails.
I think they thought we'd shut up, but they didn't bank on the power of the people.
Next is Parish Council meeting 21st June
keep the pressure on, might be worth seeing if you can get your local coucillor on board?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Is ths to do with the parking issues at Barncoose?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i was born in Redruth and went to school in pool.but on my 15th birthday i ran and kept on running..from wot my dad tells me the council is still shit and so slow...happy to be CORNISH but glad i not there

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
66 Bug said:
yea it is they turned round and said move all your cars in 28 days ,weve been parking there for the last 9 yrs .We were told find other places to park ,so if we did it would be a 1mile walk back to the house :mad:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If it's any consolation Penwith aren't much better, but to have to park a mile from your house is taking the piss - good luck with the campaign.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Cool! :D
Mine's off the road at the mo' but will be back..................eventually

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
66 Bug said:
Have you heard about us? Yesterday we caused so much traffic chaos the jam was backed up from our house for about 1 mile in both directions it was so severe that it was flagged up on local radio emergency traffic report.
We feel that as the Council will not respond to any correspondence we have no other option than to protest and make as many people aware of what they are doing.
We are the start of the new link road we are the thin edge of the wedge it's going to go on through to Tuckingmill.Other esidents have been advised there may be compulsory purchase orders on their gardens and garages,but it may take up to 9 years before anything is decided

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Radio Cornwall 1.30 listen in to hear our plight please

1 - 16 of 16 Posts