Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 82 type 25 lowered 40mm want to fit alloy wheels what size can i fit i have at present 185 x 14c on hope you all can help thanks marathon bugger :rolleyes: :coffeecup

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
al_kaholik said:
Width of rim?
Diameter of rim?...

Help us help you :)
The wheels i have on are bog standard 14" rims 5 stud X 100mm pcd.
185 x 14c tyres .I have lowered my type25 camper by 40 mm and would like to fit some cool alloy wheels, ive heard that audi or porche wheels can fit but my question is how large a wheel am iable to fit without them catching the wheel arches and will i need to fit spacers or adaptors?
Thanks
Boring wheels owner

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,995 Posts
i think they'll be 5x112 pcd :) merc and audi wheels will fit or so i believe
check out www.brick-yard.co.uk

and welcome !
:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have Porsche 18" wheels on mine with 225/40 tyres. The van is lowered 60mm and the wheels are 10" wide on the back so you can go to extremes.

The original PCD (stud pattern) is 5x112, which correctly acknowledged above can be found on Mercedes and Audi models. Also Ford Galaxy/Sharan wheels can be fitted.

Porsche wheels will require a set of PCD adapters which will add around 25mm to your offset (ET figure)

If say a wheel has an offset of -52mm (Porsche Cayenne eg) then you can add th 25mm to the negative offset and come out with a total offset figure of 27mm.

Choose your rims with care and you will have no worries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts